project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:ARMA3 Support > PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive Archived posts from PR:ARMA2 Support Forum

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #11
armaR0CKS
Default Re: PRAA.EXE: Arma 2/Operation Arrowhead is not installed error - READ FIRST

Ok i just have OA and arma2 free versions how do i get arma2 without paying for it cuz i really wnt to play PR
Old 03-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #12
[R-MOD]BabylonCome
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Default Re: PRAA.EXE: Arma 2/Operation Arrowhead is not installed error - READ FIRST

You don't - pay out to enjoy PR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rusty In Places -
Old 03-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
SnR

Your name is very deceiving - Arma 2

Old 05-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #14
aimatsoul

well,I have only installed Arma2:Operation Arrowhead,how could I install Arma2:CO?I installed Arma2:OA with individual DVD .Is there anyway convinient ?
Old 05-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Read this. You need Arma2 and Arma2 Operation Arrowhead installed and properly combined to Combined Operations before you can install and play PR.

BAF is also recommended but not necessary.

If you have OA you need to buy Arma2 and reinstall it to be able to combine it properly.

CATA4TW!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #16
NuclearBanane

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]MaSSive View Post
BAF is also recommended but not necessary.
Why is BAF needed? The content is claimed to be custom PR content.
I guess its more misleading information by the devs.

Also, on a unrelated note. Why are the devs cutting the biggest market ( Arma 2 free + Arrow head ) crowd out of the potential player base?
DayZ making more players go that route then there are CO or original owners.

Its something the devs should look at before that crowd throws arma 2 in the dust bin.
Also running a ARG copy works to create a CO link with legitimate OA
^But I cannot and will not recommend that method to anyone as the developers need their money

~Nuke
Old 05-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #17
[R-DEV]Deadfast
PR:A3 Lead Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Deadfast Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Deadfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearBanane View Post
I guess its more misleading information by the devs.
Yes, we love to mislead people. We also love to install hidden cameras in people's bedrooms and observe them while they sleep.

BAF is recommended because we currently have the BAF Jackal in some missions. Without BAF it has a low-res texture. If that doesn't bother you, you don't need BAF.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:01 AM   #18
BearBison
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to BearBison

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearBanane View Post
Also, on a unrelated note. Why are the devs cutting the biggest market ( Arma 2 free + Arrow head ) crowd out of the potential player base?
A2:F cannot be used on a server running anything other than A2:F or just pure A2, see http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A..._distributions you can also see that it doesn't support user mods just a bit further down or on the A2:F official website Arma 2 free - Arma 2 Official Website

Old 05-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #19
[R-DEV]epoch
PR:A3 Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Deadfast View Post
Yes, we love to mislead people. We also love to install hidden cameras in people's bedrooms and observe them while they sleep
Nice one Deadfast

Now we've educated NuclearBanane on the difference between "recommended" and "needed" we'll close this thread. It was only supposed to be informational anyway, but not for explaining English verbs.

[R-MOD]Cp: epoch if I wasn't dancing right now I'd shoot you.

Tags
2 or operation, arma, arrowhead, error, installed, praaexe, read