project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion > PR:F Suggestions
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:F Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
Vista
Default USS nimitz

Let's face it.

The vBF2 carrier is getting old, and to a mod that's going strong for 7 years now, we need a new carrier.

The Nimitz was used in the Falklands war, and it is very sexy.

Look rhino, I know that you've been DEV'ing Normal PR and this, I know you have a social life, but if you do this for falklands, it can be used for the modern PR aswell

And besides, I heard you were working on the F/A-18, making it even moar awsome.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
Spush
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: USS nimitz

Hate to tell you, but that's not the USS Nimitz, that's the HMS Hermes which was used during the Falklands, and they had Harrier GR3s.

The current vBF2 carrier which is the USS Essex class is a US Marine carrier.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I'm sorry, but I have to do this...

That is HMS Hermes (even says it in the bottom left of that cover you posted ), a very, very different beast from the Nimitz class carrier...

Hermes: STOVL, 23,000 tonnes, 236m long, list goes on...
Nimitz: CATOBAR, 100,000 tones, 333m long...

Basically, very different types of aircraft carrier to start with, and pretty much everything about them is different other than Hermes dose have a slightly angular deck.

HMS Hermes was one of the two aircraft carriers in the Falklands Naval Task force, the other being HMS Invincible, which was the head of the task force and the most effective carrier in it, despite being smaller than Hermes.
HMS Invincible (R05) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now Invincible isn't too dissimilar from the USS Essex, although I agree, dose have a load of significant differences, like no side lifts etc, with a ski jump it dose pass off about "okish"...

Now I very much agree, a brand new model of the Invincible class carrier would be amazing, and I didn't say Hermes for a very good reason, as the Invincible class is still used today (although not for that much longer) as a helicopter carrier (now the harriers have gone...) and could be used in normal PR as well as here.

Now I seriously don't have the time to make it, got enough big projects up my sleeves as it is without having to make a carrier that its only real use would be here but anyone else is more than welcome to take this task on and do it and if anyone dose, you will be sure to get my full support on the matter

And on that note, topic locked...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Eh, Rhino, you forgot a point...

HMS Hermes
USS Nimitz

What the f would a US carrier be doing in a war between the UK and Argentina? o.O

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Closed Thread

Tags
nimitz, uss