project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Arrow Falklands Testing Feedback

Please leave feedback here on this map/mod from the play testing session

We would like to know what you think worked, what didn't and any other thoughts you have on this

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
chrisweb89
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Falklands Testing Feedback

Just from my quick bit of flying, please keep the GLTD in game for both teams. Even without laser guided weapons, they are a great visual key for manual bombing, or gun runs. I'm not amazing at manual bombs, but flying the IAI Dagger dagger i was able to dive bomb a lase and get almost a direct hit on it, with dumb bombs(I think that plane only has dumb bombs).

Why does the Argentinian plane carrying the Exocet not have any guns? From my quick little bit of reading it should, and in game without the guns, and the reduced effectiveness of AA missiles, you really miss out. The 30mm guns for the Argentinian planes also seem to be kind of week in the air to air role, they took a few strafes to kill a harrier, but that's just compared to using the guns on the modern jets which are better, so I may be wrong in their power.

Overall in the air, it seemed like the Argentinian air force had the advantage because of faster aircraft, vs the more maneuverable harriers, I was able to follow harriers at lower speeds, but if they tried to follow me I just went afterburners and shot up into the sky. It was much better are to air combat compared to current PR because of AA missiles not being as good.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Cheers, on the subject of the Anti-Ship version not having guns: AM-39 Exocet Anti-ship Missile - YouTube (at 30secs in it mentions the 30mm cannon (same the Mirage has) needs to be removed)

Although ingame we have the Mirage rather than the Super Etendard, its a place holder for it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
chrisweb89
Project Reality Beta Tester

Too bad they can't carry both.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
Smuke

As I'm sure you're aware of Rhino, I thoroughly enjoyed your map. It was extremely accurate to my (likely misguided) perception of what the Falklands Island looks like, the terrain was very good - although I assume grass is a future addition? - and the rocks provide great cover adding to the already intense firefights. The building layout is perfect, they provide enough to house an 8 man squad but not too much that it becomes over crowded and loses its sense of isolation. However, it could be a good addition to think about placing some very small settlements on the outer area of Goose Green in order to provide the attacking force better cover, nevertheless, I am not an expert on the layout of the Island itself so if this contravenes realism then it is only a small point.

Of the rounds me and my friend played, we both agreed the Argentine's were the better team to be due to the flag layout and the automatic setting on their FAL's. However, with a good Scimitar team and good defensive setup's i'm positive the British could be the dominant team. With little experience of jets I do not feel it would be my place to comment on them, however, the number of them was perfect for epic dogfights (although I presume this would be subject to the skill and teamwork of said pilots) and CAS support. On the subject of vehicles, the delayed spawn of British vehicles at their main is perfect in recreating the infamous 'yomp' to Goose Green undertaken by the British during the Falklands War.

As this is the feedback thread, not the bug thread, I will only say that some exist - but these - I presume - are relatively small and easy to fix. Throughout there was no FPS or lag problems (although I understand the latter is server side).

Overall, it is a amazing map and I only wish we could have played it with a more populated server - which I'm sure would only multiply the experience and intensity of the firefights. If you have any specific queries Rhino feel free to PM me! Thanks a lot for the great game and map.

In-Game Name: SmukeUK
Wild_Bill: Smuke, you are a true ninja!.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Cheers, Grass isn't possible due to the type of terrain, without a massive hack which I'm not sure would even work and if it did work, would most likely cause serious FPS issues

Cheers for the feedback, will keep your point in mind

Old 06-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
Vicious302
Banned

Just wanted to say .. awesome. secondly. probably a bug but I dont know so I'll just throw it up for a quick discussion before i post in the bugs section.... I got a lock on a ground vehicle with a am-9. to be honest I couldnt see what it was, it could even have been a jet someone landed but I seriously think it was a logi or something else. it wasn't just a heat tone either it was a through in through LOCK. maybe this has something to do with the altitude being over 1000m standard (my jets alt meet always had a 1 to the left, reported bug?).
Old 06-04-2012, 04:21 AM   #8
Ron-Schultz

one of the most epic CAS rounds i have ever had on PR (and im playing for 4-5 years now). thx to jafar and bloodydeed for this cool air combats. it was like a real flight simulator. btw finally i found one who also organize formation flights during a battle, i thought i was the only one (thx jafar XD). squad statistic: 27 kills (mostly other jets) and i think 8-10 deaths

Edit: edited the right name of bloodydeed

Playing PR since .756
Last edited by Ron-Schultz; 06-04-2012 at 05:44 AM..
Old 06-04-2012, 05:23 AM   #9
[R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad

Was a pleasure to fly with you and BloodyDeed (his actual name), Ron. You let me know when you're online, I'll fly wingman/element lead for you any time.

From BloodyDeed's perspective. This was our low altitude ambush run where we caught the Mirage on his approach to the islands. Might've been Chrisweb (who fought like a lion in that bird all round, pressed his strengths and knew his weaknesses, scary opponent)

Last edited by [R-DEV]Jafar Ironclad; 06-04-2012 at 05:34 AM..
Old 06-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #10
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Cheers guys, some more feedback on the gameplay/map would still be good thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious302 View Post
Just wanted to say .. awesome. secondly. probably a bug but I dont know so I'll just throw it up for a quick discussion before i post in the bugs section.... I got a lock on a ground vehicle with a am-9. to be honest I couldnt see what it was, it could even have been a jet someone landed but I seriously think it was a logi or something else. it wasn't just a heat tone either it was a through in through LOCK. maybe this has something to do with the altitude being over 1000m standard (my jets alt meet always had a 1 to the left, reported bug?).
Asked about your bug here: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f562...ml#post1778570

Closed Thread

Tags
falklands, feedback, testing