project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
28 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
alexandrei07
Banned
Send a message via MSN to alexandrei07
Exclamation [RMLa] Argentina

Dear Sirs

After consult to the community (RMLa) about the opinion of the minimod and what task can we done, We agree that:

- we like the idea of the minimod
- the support we can give only is for info (some of us posted info already)

We ask you to keep the original name of the ad Falklands (Malvinas) Mini-Mod Announcement - Project Reality Forums
and if can be one of the first testers to see that has been done reliably and respectful. Because this is a sensitive issue for both sides.

expecting that this will be another successful mod for Project Reality

Sincerely, [RMLa] admins and [RMLa] DEVs
alexandrei07 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [RMLa] Argentina

Hey Alex,

I'm glad you guys like the mini-mod and no worries on the support bit, but any you guys can give is helpful

Main long term project we need is voices from you guys as that is something we just can't do and while some people from your community have talked to me about it, I've only been able to refer them onto Jaymz as sounds isn't my department

For the name, we will put the Malvinas in brackets where ever there is room after the Falklands, like in news posts etc but for ingame map names etc where there isn't always a lot of room to state the maps name, the map/mod will be just called the Falklands as that is what its most commonly known as around the world.

While I agree in the political world this is still somewhat of a sensitive subject, lets please not bring politics into this and we are doing everything to ensure this mini-mod is made in a respective and fun/balanced way that we all can enjoy and will hopefully also give players a better understanding of the war, commemorating all thous who where involved in it

As for being involved in the testing of it, I can possibly throw you an early build at some point before its first release but this mod will be first released in a "beta" state with quite a few place holders here and there which then its down to the community to help replace them with what should be there, as well as overall giving polish to the mod so hopefully some day it can be fully integrated into PR

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:56 AM   #3
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

The name of the island is a tricky point.

I live in France and everyone knows it as the Malouines (my wife didn't have a clue what the Falklands was) after the sailors and fishermen of St Malo who used it first, In Spain the Malvinas, but the ISO name is indeed The Falklands(Malvinas).

Quote:
In 1690, Captain John Strong of the Welfare en route to Puerto Deseado was driven off course and reached the Falkland Islands instead, landing at Bold Cove. Sailing between the two principal islands, he called the passage "Falkland Channel" (now Falkland Sound), after Anthony Cary, 5th Viscount of Falkland, who as Commissioner of the Admiralty had financed the expedition. The island group takes its English name from this body of water.[18]
But as Rhino says we're not here to argue politics just to play and have fun - no?
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
simeon5541

Who will do Spanish voices ?
simeon5541 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
CTRifle

Send a message via MSN to CTRifle Send a message via Skype™ to CTRifle

spanish people no? lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Add me on xfire! controltherifle
CTRifle is online now Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Panzerfire

Send a message via MSN to Panzerfire Send a message via Skype™ to Panzerfire

Hehe.... Argentines speak spanish with a remarkably unique accent only shared with the Uruguayans. So let's be careful with who is picked to do the voices.

USMCMIDN: KILL EVERYTHING!
gx: KILL! KILL! KILL 'EM ALL!!
[R-DEV]Dunehunter: Great attitude for hearts and minds
Panzerfire is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #7
alexandrei07
Banned

Why do not we have been invited to the first test?
Old 06-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Everyone was, hence the posts where public. I can't help it if you didn't attend.

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #9
alexandrei07
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Everyone was, hence the posts where public. I can't help it if you didn't attend.

I was not the only, our entire community was not informed, Where is published?
Old 06-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR Server License Administrator

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f376...-3rd-june.html

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f376...sting-2-a.html

all posted in the official PR Event section. Plus just checking prspy of the server list would have also given it away. You shouldn't feel so attacked. Over 100 players joined the test everyday , it's not like it was a secret

[R-DEV]Mineral is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
argentina, latinoamerica, realitymod, rmla