project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
19 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
zamani532
Default Will it even be fun?

I have a hard time PR is going to be much fun on this massive 16x16 barren map, its going to be boring and people will avoid it like they do with some of the larger 4x4 maps already in PR.. and those are actually moderately detailed. How are they gonna keep it fun..?
zamani532 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
Q2M100

Default Re: Will it even be fun?

I think it is a great concept. Considering that we can now have 200+ players in a server, a large scale naval invasion will be awesome!

It isn't always about the landscape. Often a mountain or a hill can be just as effective in creating dynamic firefights as a city.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BATTLE US!:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Q2M100 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:10 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I'm going to be doing everything I can to make sure it will be

It will certainly be very different from most other maps ingame but at the end of the day, even thou this is a 16km map, the ground combat is focused around a 3km by 2km area:

And yes, while there will be much more running around than a normal map, the long view distance (VD) enables combat at much longer ranges, although the lack of scopes will also be an interesting mix into that. Lack of vehicles also means this is very much a infantry and air combat map which we don't really have that mix currently in PR so in a lot of ways, this map is something that hasn't been seen before in PR.

But at the end of the day, how fun it will be very much comes down to your own interpretation of the map.

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #4
mangeface
Supporting Member

I think it'll be awesome. Will there be any mapping of South Georgia? Maybe recreate the Invasion of South Georgia where the Lt Keith Mills and his 21 British Royal Marines defended against the Argentinians.

Source of knowledge: this awesome book I read about the battle.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Battle-Fal...4036140&sr=1-1

<-USMC, that is

mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #5
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

As per this topic: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f562...ing-topic.html

CTRifle said he might give it a shot

Old 04-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #6
Antol.PL

Send a message via Skype™ to Antol.PL

Sea Harrier WEEEEEEEEEE
Antol.PL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #7
TheOldBreed

Is the Cope Patholic? You get to stick it to the bloody Argies! What's not going to be fun?! Looks like a good concept, although I dread to think how long a round will last...
TheOldBreed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
mangeface
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
As per this topic: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f562...ing-topic.html

CTRifle said he might give it a shot
Cool beans. Although I do agree with what you said. There wasn't much of a battle other than when the Argentinians invaded the island (with like some 60 marines against the British 22) and when the SAS/SBS (can't remember which one, although I think it was the SBS) went there and a Sea King crashed in the weather. I know the Argentinian detachment there surrendered to the British commandos.

<-USMC, that is

Old 04-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #9
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

SAS mainly but might have been some SBS too and it was two out of the 3 Westland Wessex that crashed due to white-out conditions

Old 04-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #10
mangeface
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
SAS mainly but might have been some SBS too and it was two out of the 3 Westland Wessex that crashed due to white-out conditions
That's right. And the 3rd lifted all of them back to the ship they set off from. Pretty impressive for that aircraft. I'm going to re-read my book so I can have a little better insight to the conflict.

<-USMC, that is

Tags
fun