project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
20 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #71
RUSSIAN147
Default Re: Will it even be fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
They are a tiny spec and as for better optics, scopes where very uncommon back then and we are thinking about trying a more realistic approach for the binoculars in this ie, only squad leaders and a few other kits will get them.

As such, engagements at ranges will be quite difficult, but possible
Have you guys considered using the L2A1 "Sight Unit, Infantry, Trilux" (SUIT) Sight?
It was designed for use in Northern Ireland, where the Brit soldiers were having trouble identifying targets in the low light conditions. It would make the engagements a little bit easier, considering the distance problems stated in an earlier post.

infantry weapons

SUIT Trilux Infantry Sight Unit

"An open minded man has utility. He can adapt and overcome. But a Man who is not open minded and does not take suggestions is practically useless."
- Gen. Leon Tombosa
RUSSIAN147 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:21 PM   #72
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSIAN147 View Post
Have you guys considered using the L2A1 "Sight Unit, Infantry, Trilux" (SUIT) Sight?
It was designed for use in Northern Ireland, where the Brit soldiers were having trouble identifying targets in the low light conditions. It would make the engagements a little bit easier, considering the distance problems stated in an earlier post.

infantry weapons

SUIT Trilux Infantry Sight Unit
Yes, its in the design plan if you have a look: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f562...sign-plan.html

But it wasn't very common back then, unlike scopes today, so only planning on using it on the Marksman kits.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #73
Kenty

Hearing about this made me shish kebab in my pants!

I really need to find my BF2 disc...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kenty is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #74
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

if not, just buy another. Can get BF2 for ~5 squid from most places, probably less from internet download like Steam.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=go...w=1680&bih=878

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #75
Kenty

I'll probably have to get another disc as I've got Armoured / Euro as DLCs on Origin. Would be good to play again as BF3 was a huge disappointment (for me anyway).

Kenty is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #76
Gunner4712

Send a message via Skype™ to Gunner4712

Every new faction/map/mini-mod/add-on/etc brings a new dimension to gameplay, so I can't see how this new addition won't improve gameplay and be just generally a blast.

Gunner4712 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #77
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

i gotta get myself a stick and throttle with the falklands i might try and get back into flying a bit! also driving most tracked vehicles in PR is a bi*ch with keyboard.

Anything can be a weapon, anyone can be a threat. Never under estimate the combat ability of your opposition. He may seem weak and harmless now but even a dead man can carry a few pounds of explosives in his gut or deliver a decisive blow by rotting away in your water supply.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #78
CTRifle

Send a message via MSN to CTRifle Send a message via Skype™ to CTRifle

Now I reallllyyy want a new pc so I can play it

Add me on xfire! controltherifle
CTRifle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #79
fabioxxxx

8x8 "ai caramba!" logistics nightmare for truck drivers... resupplying a truck gg ._O_.

well i am rooting for this to be good ... not only for air combat , but also for the infantry...
Last edited by fabioxxxx; 10-05-2012 at 02:57 PM..
Old 10-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #80
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Combat area is smaller - plus lots of helis available as long as the Container ship isn't sunk - but they'll need air cover......
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fun