project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
30 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #51
Tirak

Default Re: Will it even be fun?

YouTube Video

On a different note, how are the guns going to fire? A separate slot for each pod, intervals or both together?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tirak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #52
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
Silly suggestion perhaps....

Game mode type Air superiority.

Make Aircraft carrier destroyable, equip it with AA that won't get lock below 15m ASL or within a shortrange (to give Argentinians time to get a bit of height to toss bombs), if Argentina can destroy carrier its all over....or land forces have no air cover and thus would get bombed to hell.

4 Super Etendards/Mirage no AIM9 only cannon and flares
2 Sea Harriers 2 crappy AIM9 each and cannon

Or am I mad?

Could make that a fun dimension on an over 64 server whilst predominantly land forces fight it out on the islands.
Interesting idea about not allowing the AA to lock below a certain height, although only way I can think of doing that would be to limit how much it can physically look down. Only way to do the min distance bit would be to make the AA missiles not arm in time to hit a target up close, but visually from the AA gunners POV, you could still lock and fire on the target but could give them a distance gauge on the target with a custom HUD so they could see what range the target is, possibly even making it turn red at a certain range but don't think that bit is possible.

Having the carrier destroyable however I don't think would be very good for gameplay as if no one was protecting the carrier for a few mins, would be very easy to take out.

How ever if you look at the design plan, the Exocet is in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirak View Post
On a different note, how are the guns going to fire? A separate slot for each pod, intervals or both together?
Will be like any other aircraft with two cannons ingame, Tornado GR4 being one that pops to my mind, which code wise is one weapon, with two barrels and shared combined mag count.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #53
Cassius

People are avoiding 4X4 maps? Thats news to me. I found them to have a big potential of fun, if explosions at the hands of armor cas mortar and jdams is your idea of fun.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:30 AM   #54
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

IMHO 4km maps need a nearly full server and gameplay is heavily affected if one asset element of a team are bad.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:01 AM   #55
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
IMHO 4km maps need a nearly full server and gameplay is heavily affected if one asset element of a team are bad.
The really interesting thing about this map is its really fun with only a few players, all in jets and AA, and as such, I'm predicting it to be a pretty good seeder map

Not sure how well it will play thou with a 1/2 full server as then the guys on the ground might find it very hard to find anyone to shoot

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:40 AM   #56
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

For inf it'll be more like a 2km map I think which is good. A safe bet if a server isn't full.

PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #57
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistamaster01 View Post
Come at me, I'm the biggest CAS whore known to man
Too bad you're horrible at it
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #58
AnimalMother.

Just get me in that Chinook and it'll be fun

|TG-31st|

vistamaster01: "I just dont get people with girl usernames/pics/sigs lol,
for example I thought AnimalMother was a girl
"

Arte et Marte
AnimalMother. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #59
Doc.Pock

as long as i get to be starlight ( ) itll be fun

[R-MOD]Spec: Actually, I did teamkill him last I remember... -on Rhino being a teamkiller.
=Romagnolo=: Becareful, it is addictive. -on me sig quoting.
Doc.Pock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:47 AM   #60
Futski

Would it be possible to have a kit representing the Gurkhas, with kukri daggers and whatever they had?
Futski is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fun