project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #31
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Will it even be fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma21212 View Post
does this mean your gonna increase the draw distances? not sure how far you can see currently in the 4km maps but is it around 1k?
That depends on the object. No point in your gfx card working hard to draw an object if at 2kms its under the size of 1px

On most things I can't easily increase the draw distance on things as to do that in the way this minimod is done, you would first have to clone the object into a new file, change the line of code, then update any python code it might have used before to include the new objects name and then pack it in as part of the mod etc but on stuff critical to gameplay, like a truck only drawing at 1km, will happen yes.

But any vehicle that has been setup via this tut, should have there draw calls setup correctly so that they are only culled when small enough to be, w/e the distance is in relation to normal map VD: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f189...distances.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #32
PricelineNegotiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
PricelineNegotiator has been banned from the server - TKing for asset.
Haha, I wouldn't really... or would I?

Edit: The CAS is probably going to be the biggest problem for infantry. On Test Airfield I've trained myself to hit targets from about 1.5-2 km away accurately. ZPU's won't be able to hit a harrier that far away accurately due to a number of variables, and MANPADS and stationary AA's won't stand a chance to a seasoned pilot. We'll see in game though, as there are always things that go wrong.
PricelineNegotiator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #33
Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
I'm gonna be flying that CAS Harrier the whole time man. No way am I letting someone take that baby from me.

Come at me, I'm the biggest CAS whore known to man
Vista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #34
CTRifle

Send a message via MSN to CTRifle Send a message via Skype™ to CTRifle

lol as long as he admits it xD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Add me on xfire! controltherifle
CTRifle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #35
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
Edit: The CAS is probably going to be the biggest problem for infantry. On Test Airfield I've trained myself to hit targets from about 1.5-2 km away accurately. ZPU's won't be able to hit a harrier that far away accurately due to a number of variables, and MANPADS and stationary AA's won't stand a chance to a seasoned pilot. We'll see in game though, as there are always things that go wrong.
Ye, with large VDs its much, much easier to dive bomb a target accurately, even with LGBs with long arming delays and with a bit of practice you can hit a target pretty much dead on, as Rank will tell you

I want to get some "Heavy AA" in, as per the design plan with some Rapier and Tiger Cat AA Missile systems but they need to be made from scratch.

Main thing I'm hoping on is to cut down the amount of CAS that happens from the amount of dogfighting there is that needs to be archived first before you can safely bomb without being intercepted at the same time.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #36
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

16X16?

Omgomgomgomg....YEAH!

I know the jet pilots will appreciate it.

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #37
Bluedrake42
PR Server License Administrator

wait this is gonna be 16x16!?!?!?

Bluedrake42 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #38
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Falklands (Malvinas) Mini-Mod Announcement - Project Reality Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino
I've been wanting to experiment with large scale maps for some time in BF2 and with this project I have finally had the excuse to able to do so, as the map is currently 16kms by 16kms (Kashan is 4kms by 4kms). This is achieved by ditching BF2's terrain, and making the terrain out of a staticmesh (aka, mesh terrain), which isn't without its problems however... The main thing however is that with this size of map, we can really portray the importance of the air campaign in the war to a degree not seen in PR before, as well as spreading out the ground combat a bit.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #39
PricelineNegotiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Ye, with large VDs its much, much easier to dive bomb a target accurately, even with LGBs with long arming delays and with a bit of practice you can hit a target pretty much dead on, as Rank will tell you

I want to get some "Heavy AA" in, as per the design plan with some Rapier and Tiger Cat AA Missile systems but they need to be made from scratch.

Main thing I'm hoping on is to cut down the amount of CAS that happens from the amount of dogfighting there is that needs to be archived first before you can safely bomb without being intercepted at the same time.
Hell, I was talking about just using the main gun. I think that would work a lot better and the drop isn't significant enough.It's pretty easy to aim with the existing reticle and get 75% accuracy (at 2km). Enough to take out a tank or group of infantry in about 100 rounds without getting too close for AA lock on.

Is the Harrier's (GR3) cannon going to be the GAU-12 or the ADEN? Either way I don't think it matters.
PricelineNegotiator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #40
VoodooActual

*Prays for Harriers and Royal Marine Commandos, maybe even.. a vulcan!?*
Last edited by VoodooActual; 04-14-2012 at 10:32 AM..

Tags
fun