project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
24 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #11
zamani532
Default Re: Will it even be fun?

can you even see people at 2-3KM? We're going to need better optics for the binoculars for this map, maybe give it double the zoom it currently has.
zamani532 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #12
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamani532 View Post
can you even see people at 2-3KM? We're going to need better optics for the binoculars for this map, maybe give it double the zoom it currently has.
They are a tiny spec and as for better optics, scopes where very uncommon back then and we are thinking about trying a more realistic approach for the binoculars in this ie, only squad leaders and a few other kits will get them.

As such, engagements at ranges will be quite difficult, but possible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #13
mangeface
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
They are a tiny spec and as for better optics, scopes where very uncommon back then and we are thinking about trying a more realistic approach for the binoculars in this ie, only squad leaders and a few other kits will get them.
Like in the PR:V mini mod?

Quote:
As such, engagements at ranges will be quite difficult, but possible
Wait. Are you suggesting someone might actually try to engage another person at 2-3 km? So does this mean we're going to have .50BMG scoped rifles?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-USMC, that is

mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #14
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Ye, PR:V is also trailing it but not see easy to tell its effects in dense jungle

And scopes on 50cals where just as uncommon as scopes on rifles back then

Which is a point need to remove the zoom from deployable HMGs...

Old 04-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #15
SamEEE

Would suggest changing deployable 50 calibre to deployable GPMG pit

SamEEE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #16
[R-CON]rodrigoma
PR:BF2 Contributor

it in this situations that i think tehre should exist a arma 2 kind of zoom for the iron sights, we cant really get a realistic view on long /medium range combat with the current resolutions
[R-CON]rodrigoma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #17
Yarri2006

Would be interested to see how this plans out since I have spent 4 months on that shitty island, would love to drop a JDAM on the annoying penguins.
Yarri2006 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #18
[R-DEV]Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigoma View Post
it in this situations that i think tehre should exist a arma 2 kind of zoom for the iron sights, we cant really get a realistic view on long /medium range combat with the current resolutions
arma2 zoom feels soooooo unrealistic to me... One of the big things I personally think PR:ARMA2 should have removed.

Yes I've heard all of the arguments for it, but for me, they don't personally add up and BF2's fixed FOV feels a lot more realistic and much easier to be immersed in I find.

And sorry Yarri, no penguins to kill

Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #19
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarri2006 View Post
Would be interested to see how this plans out since I have spent 4 months on that shitty island, would love to drop a JDAM on the annoying penguins.
Hahhahaha made me laugh

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #20
jax

Quote:
arma2 zoom feels soooooo unrealistic to me... One of the big things I personally think PR:ARMA2 should have removed.

Yes I've heard all of the arguments for it, but for me, they don't personally add up and BF2's fixed FOV feels a lot more realistic and much easier to be immersed in I find.

And sorry Yarri, no penguins to kill
Totally agree with you, I think it should be removed but thats for the ARMA part of the forums. To get back on topic I really like this idea, pushing the engine limits of the BF2 engine is awesome and I really hope it will be done, a jet layer would be really cool.

Off we fuck.
jax is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fun