project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
24 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #11
zamani532
Default Re: Will it even be fun?

can you even see people at 2-3KM? We're going to need better optics for the binoculars for this map, maybe give it double the zoom it currently has.
zamani532 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #12
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

[R-DEV]Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: Will it even be fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamani532 View Post
can you even see people at 2-3KM? We're going to need better optics for the binoculars for this map, maybe give it double the zoom it currently has.
They are a tiny spec and as for better optics, scopes where very uncommon back then and we are thinking about trying a more realistic approach for the binoculars in this ie, only squad leaders and a few other kits will get them.

As such, engagements at ranges will be quite difficult, but possible


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #13
mangeface
Supporting Member

mangeface's Avatar
Default Re: Will it even be fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
They are a tiny spec and as for better optics, scopes where very uncommon back then and we are thinking about trying a more realistic approach for the binoculars in this ie, only squad leaders and a few other kits will get them.
Like in the PR:V mini mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
As such, engagements at ranges will be quite difficult, but possible
Wait. Are you suggesting someone might actually try to engage another person at 2-3 km? So does this mean we're going to have .50BMG scoped rifles?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-USMC, that is

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #14
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

[R-DEV]Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: Will it even be fun?

Ye, PR:V is also trailing it but not see easy to tell its effects in dense jungle

And scopes on 50cals where just as uncommon as scopes on rifles back then

Which is a point need to remove the zoom from deployable HMGs...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #15
SamEEE

SamEEE's Avatar
Default Re: Will it even be fun?

Would suggest changing deployable 50 calibre to deployable GPMG pit


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SamEEE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #16
[R-CON]rodrigoma
PR:BF2 Contributor

[R-CON]rodrigoma's Avatar
Default Re: Will it even be fun?

it in this situations that i think tehre should exist a arma 2 kind of zoom for the iron sights, we cant really get a realistic view on long /medium range combat with the current resolutions
[R-CON]rodrigoma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #17
Yarri2006
Default Re: Will it even be fun?

Would be interested to see how this plans out since I have spent 4 months on that shitty island, would love to drop a JDAM on the annoying penguins.
Yarri2006 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #18
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

[R-DEV]Rhino's Avatar
Default Re: Will it even be fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigoma View Post
it in this situations that i think tehre should exist a arma 2 kind of zoom for the iron sights, we cant really get a realistic view on long /medium range combat with the current resolutions
arma2 zoom feels soooooo unrealistic to me... One of the big things I personally think PR:ARMA2 should have removed.

Yes I've heard all of the arguments for it, but for me, they don't personally add up and BF2's fixed FOV feels a lot more realistic and much easier to be immersed in I find.


And sorry Yarri, no penguins to kill


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #19
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

Pvt.LHeureux's Avatar
Default Re: Will it even be fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarri2006 View Post
Would be interested to see how this plans out since I have spent 4 months on that shitty island, would love to drop a JDAM on the annoying penguins.
Hahhahaha made me laugh


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #20
jax

jax's Avatar
Default Re: Will it even be fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
arma2 zoom feels soooooo unrealistic to me... One of the big things I personally think PR:ARMA2 should have removed.

Yes I've heard all of the arguments for it, but for me, they don't personally add up and BF2's fixed FOV feels a lot more realistic and much easier to be immersed in I find.


And sorry Yarri, no penguins to kill
Totally agree with you, I think it should be removed but thats for the ARMA part of the forums. To get back on topic I really like this idea, pushing the engine limits of the BF2 engine is awesome and I really hope it will be done, a jet layer would be really cool.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Off we fuck.
jax is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
fun
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.