project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
19 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a WW2-addon for PR?
Yes, I would like that. 223 68.40%
Yes, and I have modding experience, so I can help (post your name and experience in this thread) 15 4.60%
No, thanks. 88 26.99%
Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
gr770

Lightbulb Project Normandy - General Discussion

Project Normandy

So with all the suggestions to make a PR WW2 and the devs won't do it. Why hasn't anyone thought of making ourselves? We have a good amount of modelers, and (with premission) we could use most of the premade coding with a couple of adjustments. Is anyone willing to do this?

[R-DEV]AfterDune says: this thread started as a proposal for a community-made WW2 addon for PR. After a while, I took the liberty of seeing what it would look like and soon after, "Project Normandy" (PN) was born. PN is a little addon for PR, featuring US and German soldiers, kit geos, new weapons, vehicles and a map focusing on the Normandy beach landings as well as more "in-land battles". Read the thread if you wish to know more about it.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full, it's just twice the size it needed to be.
Last edited by [R-DEV]AfterDune; 11-29-2011 at 12:05 PM..
Old 02-03-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
Spush
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Community made PR WW2

Sounds like a lot of work to be honest.
Spush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
gr770

It's not going to randomly appear in our hands

The glass is neither half empty nor half full, it's just twice the size it needed to be.
gr770 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
dtacs
Supporting Member

What skills do you have gr770?

You're talking about modeling and texturing over 100 different objects, including statics, small arms and vehicles.

Unless FH2 suddenly wants to hand over all their work to develop this, its highly unlikely it will happen.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #5
gr770

I do have skill in programming, not python, I am willing to learn, but I was thinking of more community made project. Anyone can send in a model.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #6
dtacs
Supporting Member

Relying on random people to 'send in models' isn't substantial enough. Well-detailed models take an incredibly long time to make and if they aren't up to standard, the devs won't slap the PR tag onto this spin-off.

To make a faction - or a whole new game at that - you need to have defined skill sets with people who are willing to put in the hard yards rain or shine.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #7
Q2M100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr770 View Post
So with all the suggestions to make a PR WW2 and the devs won't do it. Why hasn't anyone thought of making ourselves? We have a good amount of modelers, and (with premission) we could use most of the premade coding with a couple of adjustments. Is anyone willing to do this?
If you want to develop stuff, get a team together and present the plan to the community. Please don't just tell others to do stuff. It truly is hard work creating a game and we should at least be grateful the the DEVs have been working so hard on the current PR mods.

Unless you have a team put together, don't post a "proposal" of a new mod on here. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BATTLE US!:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Q2M100 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:22 AM   #8
ShockUnitBlack

As dtacs said, unless FH2 hands everything they've made over, it's not happening.

ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #9
CommunistColby71

^ Agreed. You'd be a ton better off modifying FH2 to be more realistic than using this base and getting hundreds of models from scratch that already exist.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"
CommunistColby71 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #10
gr770

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunistColby71 View Post
^ Agreed. You'd be a ton better off modifying FH2 to be more realistic than using this base and getting hundreds of models from scratch that already exist.
*Slaps forehead* Srry I didn't think of this as Fh2 already has it's own modification. No Man's Land mod for Battlefield 2 - Mod DB
Yet I'll have to completely remake Pr game mode with the adjustments to fit WW2 as PR and Fh2 likely won't let me pool both resources together. Good idea Colby.

Tags
beta, closed, community, discussion, event or addon, faction, general, made, media, normandy, project, proposal, ww2