project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
01 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a WW2-addon for PR?
Yes, I would like that. 223 68.40%
Yes, and I have modding experience, so I can help (post your name and experience in this thread) 15 4.60%
No, thanks. 88 26.99%
Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #11
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Community made PR WW2

You are best off trying to ask a dead mod like BGF for content rather than a active one who has their own design direction.

That and on a realism level, you would have to completely break the mod down and rebuild it around WW2 tactics and assets. The community factions barely have enough guys working on them, let along creating something that is a much bigger task than PR:V for example.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #12
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Yeah, I think your best bet is to ask around on BGF. There's also XWW2, but beside the name I know nothing about the mod. I believe there were other WW2 mods, but I don't think they've ever been released.

If you need to model all the stuff yourself, don't even start, as it's never going to happen. I think it could only happen if there's a WW2 mod out there willing to "hand over" what they got. And even then, it's probably best to focus on a certain period and area in the war, where you don't need to have a lot of area/time specific statics either.

Still, I doubt this will ever happen. You can try of course.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:02 AM   #13
gr770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim270 View Post
That and on a realism level, you would have to completely break the mod down and rebuild it around WW2 tactics and assets. The community factions barely have enough guys working on them, let along creating something that is a much bigger task than PR:V for example.
If 128 players and a good way to actually spawn on flags without spawn camping would do that trick in terms of gamemode

The glass is neither half empty nor half full, it's just twice the size it needed to be.
gr770 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:05 AM   #14
Shovel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr770 View Post
If 128 players and a good way to actually spawn on flags without spawn camping would do that trick in terms of gamemode
Spawning on flags was removed for a reason. Duh.

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:32 AM   #15
samogon100500

Hm...
I like that idea.Would be awesome.Anyone got design plan?

samogon100500 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #16
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Battlegroup Frontlines is dead. There is no modteam anymore. I took the liberty of contacting one of the former leads, to find out if people would be allowed to use BGF hardware. He e-mailed me back this morning. He needs to get a hold of others, as he can't take that decision on his own, of course.

For those that are interested in seeing a WW2 addon for PR, I think BGF is your last hope.

I still have to see where this leads to, as without a team, you'll get nowhere. And don't expect the PR Team to give support, that's all up to the individual.

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:35 AM   #17
gr770

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBobJeff View Post
Spawning on flags was removed for a reason. Duh.
Make them like FOBs some enemy walks near flag, remove spawn at flag. It still captures that WW2 total war felling.

And as for team me and my friends thought of this. One is pretty good at art, so he's learning gmax.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full, it's just twice the size it needed to be.
gr770 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #18
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
There's also XWW2, but beside the name I know nothing about the mod.
The quality of content in XWW2 is pretty random, most looks like BF1942 ports tbh.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #19
clondicke

Why don't you just play Forgotten Hope 2 "Battlefield 2 Mod"? That is a WW II Mod that is similar to Project Reality. They have done a fabulous job on it just like the Project Reality did on their behalf.

I didn't mean to be a stinker about the subject. But I personally play both mod's my self. Depends on what type of game I feel like playing. Modern Warfare or WW II.
Modern Warfare meaning Project Reality, not that crappy CoD Modern Warfare. Yes CoD has better graphics but with news of Fully Modable Battlefield 3 coming out should give the Project Reality Team something new to work with. They did an excellent job on Battlefield 2 Project Reality.
clondicke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:47 AM   #20
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by clondicke View Post
Why don't you just play Forgotten Hope 2 "Battlefield 2 Mod"? That is a WW II Mod that is similar to Project Reality. They have done a fabulous job on it just like the Project Reality did on their behalf.

I didn't mean to be a stinker about the subject. But I personally play both mod's my self. Depends on what type of game I feel like playing. Modern Warfare or WW II.
Modern Warfare meaning Project Reality, not that crappy CoD Modern Warfare. Yes CoD has better graphics but with news of Fully Modable Battlefield 3 coming out should give the Project Reality Team something new to work with. They did an excellent job on Battlefield 2 Project Reality.
As for FH2...well sorry, while it may be an excellent mod quality wise the gameplay is closer to vanilla rather than PR.

As for BF3...did you noticed all those "NOT GONNA HAPPEN" posts?

EDIT: Speaking of which...I wouldnt mind seeing an Thompson in PR

CroCop is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
beta, closed, community, discussion, event or addon, faction, general, made, media, normandy, project, proposal, ww2