project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default The Normandy Campaign

I've always thought of Project Normandy as a big "campaign". I thought Operation Overlord in version 1 was a campaign already: beach landings, then proceed inland and eventually fight over the occupied village.

Now that more maps are coming to Project Normandy, this whole idea of a campaign gets even better. Maps are somewhat connected to each other if you look closely. They can be played in a certain order. Obviously this order isn't historically accurate and all battles are fought by Americans vs Germans, but I still like the idea.

I've put "The Normandy Campaign" in Google Maps, where you can easily add positions, draw lines, etc. Visit it here:

This overview gives you information about the maps and the order of the maps. Note that maps like "La Varde" aren't finished (at all) and may not make it to the mod eventually.

I plan to put more information into the overview as the project progresses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Ts4EVER
Default Re: The Normandy Campaign

The description of Bloody Gulch is wrong, afaik it was the 101st Airborne defending against 6th Fallschirmj?ger Regiment and 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division "G?tz von Berlichingen", with the 2nd Armoured entering the fray later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ts4EVER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
[R-DEV]AfterDune
Supporting Member

You're right. I've edited the text, should be more accurate now.
I think other texts can be adjusted as well. Feel free to comment on those too. All feedback is appreciated.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
[R-CON]rodrigoma
PR:BF2 Contributor

I liek it, it gave me an idea of the timelined of the events that i didnt have

[R-CON]rodrigoma is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #5
R4P843L

great job
R4P843L is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
Shovel

That is awesome, the story behind the maps and them being linked together makes it much more immersive.

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:39 AM   #7
[R-DEV]AfterDune
Supporting Member

I've updated the descriptions again. Should be much more historically accurate now. If you spot mistakes or errors, feel free to comment, to make them better.

I've also moved the "Operation Overlord - Airborne Assault" pin to its correct location. Though the map is in a fictional part of Normandy, the historical event took place near St. Mere Eglise (amongst other locations).

Old 07-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #8
[R-CON]rodrigoma
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
I've updated the descriptions again. Should be much more historically accurate now. If you spot mistakes or errors, feel free to comment, to make them better.

I've also moved the "Operation Overlord - Airborne Assault" pin to its correct location. Though the map is in a fictional part of Normandy, the historical event took place near St. Mere Eglise (amongst other locations).
the image of the brecourt manor map is kind of misplaced, it should be more to the east on the correct map marker

[R-CON]rodrigoma is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
[R-DEV]AfterDune
Supporting Member

Sure, where do you want it? (perhaps link to a Google Maps location)

Old 07-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
Technoelite

I could plot the British 21st Army groups movements for you including the Free Commandoes at Outserham. I know it not part of the Mini mod but i get fed up of Just oh yes american D-day no offence here

Technoelite is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign, normandy