project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
29 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 01:06 AM   #11
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Project Normandy - Closed Beta Feedback

Right now, the US can only win if the team is organized enough. They have two mortars and area attack. Mortars could either clear out capzones and destroy cannons, or smoke the beaches to give infantry a better chance of success. And area attack, well, wherever you want it .

Perhaps there should be less frontline flags. And when the US captures a flag, a crate could spawn to build up defenses. Perhaps an expiring rally point with a spawndelay (5 to 10 minutes?) won't be bad either.

Tickets-wise, I don't know, if we introduce the proposed changes, perhaps tickets are fine as they are. On the other hand, there's a whole map left when the US cap the frontlines. Though that won't be as hard though. If you conquer the beaches, I think you've come a long way and victory is within your grasp - if you have enough tickets. And the Germans will probably dig in deep...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:15 AM   #12
Ziriix

Well if you ask me i think its abit hard for the US to do anything UNLESS you have really nice teamwork. The problem is that the German cannons takes us out before we hit the beach so maby make the reload time more so they cant take out 5 boats before we have a chance to act. You could also give the boats more HP.

Something that was also annoying when you actually made it to the beach and over it you could not get up the cliff any were close to the west without a rope resulting in us getting spanked by the Germanz.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[DM] Wicca: "Ziriix is a hardcore swedish special forces dude, who runs around in the forest"
Get the motivation Not to give up until you Faint or Collapse
The best way is the silent way
Old 09-27-2011, 08:45 AM   #13
[R-DEV]AfterDune
Supporting Member

PAKs need adjustment as well. They need "bullet drop", perhaps some deviation. Also, right now I believe the PAK36 and PAK40 both deliver the same amount of damage. I could make the PAK36 somewhat weaker. That, together with the changes mentioned above, could work.

If the PAKs are still too devastating for the US LCVPs, the amount has to be reduced.

I think with all the changes we discuss in this thread, the US will have a better time and the gameplay will be a bit more forgiving (crates and/or spawnpoint upon flag capture). But, the US should ALWAYS have a hard time capturing the beaches.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #14
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr

from what i saw in the video, perhaps add some fog?

Old 09-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #15
blackfish_

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
from what i saw in the video, perhaps add some fog?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfish_ View Post
I would suggest a lowered view distance...
Great idea with the fog, had the same thing in mind when i was suggesting a lower view distance. But since i dunno if it's possible to add fog manually and how much impact it would have on the overall performance of the map i didn't mention it.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:38 AM   #16
[R-DEV]AfterDune
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AncientMan View Post
spawn screen kit icons need to be using the pr template
Do you mean the "special kit icons", showing grenade, medicbag, smoke, binocs, etc?

Quote:
vehicles should really be named according to the naming standard
I thought I did?

ger_apc_251c
ger_ifv_231
ger_ifv_233
ger_jep_kubel
ger_tnk_p3j
ger_tnk_p4d
ger_tnk_p4f2
ger_tnk_stug3b
ger_trk_logistics
ger_trk_support
us_jep_willysmb
us_jep_willysmb_50cal
us_tnk_m26
us_trk_logistics_ww2
us_trk_support_ww2

Or you feel it should be ww2ger and ww2usa?

Quote:
Can I help you with anything else? I don't have much to do so...
Of course you didn't write this, but I got your attention now, lol . Could you, or anyone else for that matter, look into the 251? When you drive it, it doesn't move straight forward, it tends to steer to the left.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:47 AM   #17
[R-DEV]AncientMan
PR:BF2 Project Manager
Supporting Member

Sorry, my bad with the vehicles, was looking at something else. Still got the lcvp though .

By kit icons, I mean the weapon icons, they have a yellow? outline instead of a white glow. Template should be around here somewhere, hit me up on xfire if you can't find it.

And I don't know anything about vehicle tweak coding hey , find Leusch .

Old 09-28-2011, 03:18 AM   #18
Agemman

Don't add spawnpoints on the beaches imo. Just have the US side secure their breach and then have people with boats going there.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:59 AM   #19
Psyko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agemman View Post
Don't add spawnpoints on the beaches imo. Just have the US side secure their breach and then have people with boats going there.
i actually got to agree. i wouldnt let up the pressure, but two things need to be improved. logistic crates need to get onto the beach, and the mortars need to be able to deliver lots and lots of smoke. maybe even area attacks with smoke barrages that have fast reload times.

i would have mapper placed logi crates stuck into the sand at the beaches where aircaft paradropped them.

two for each beach flag section.

the boats could have smoke launchers on the front, that are directional. mightnt be totally realistic but that beach really needs smoke. heck if there was enough smoke you could put two mg42s per bunker.

edit: oh and while your editing the pak balistics, consider giving the mg42 bullet drop with full tracers, would look epic and give the allies the ability to see the rounds as they fly about their heads.

Thanks for all the hard work PR team!
Last edited by Psyko; 09-28-2011 at 04:04 AM..
Old 09-28-2011, 04:54 AM   #20
Agemman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykogundam View Post
the boats could have smoke launchers on the front, that are directional. mightnt be totally realistic but that beach really needs smoke. heck if there was enough smoke you could put two mg42s per bunker.

edit: oh and while your editing the pak balistics, consider giving the mg42 bullet drop with full tracers, would look epic and give the allies the ability to see the rounds as they fly about their heads.

Lots of smoke and lots of traces... That just spells epicness.
Closed Thread

Tags
beta, closed, feedback, normandy, project