project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Vietnam General Discussion > PR:V Suggestions
22 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:V Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 12:46 AM   #171
Stoickk

Default Re: Weapons desired in PR:Vietnam

Maybe I have been an insurgent too long, but I would love to see deployable booby traps for the VC in PR:V. For example, punji stake pits, sapling traps, bamboo whips, and log swing and spike ball mace variants.

See Department of the Army TC 5-31 HERE for documentation of these types of booby traps as well as many others. The section on booby traps starts on page 43, paragraph 13.

Additionally, that same document outlines extensively Vietcong usage of mine warfare techniques, and the use of improvised explosive devices. Oh yeah, you didn't know that the VC used IED's? A common technique was rewiring dud bombs and artillery shells. Hmm, doesn't that sound suspiciously like something that is already present in PR?

On a personal note, I would love to see the M16 "Bouncing Betty" landmine in game as well.

<<<WARNING: VETERAN UNDER MEDICATION FOR YOUR SAFETY>>>

Just some guy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Stoickk; 12-07-2011 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: Added page and paragraph number

Tags
desired, prvietnam, weapons