project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Vietnam General Discussion > PR:V Suggestions
02 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:V Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:03 AM   #21
Arnoldio
Banned
Default Re: Possibility of Night Maps?

And FH2 rain would be awesome too!

Or even more awesome, night & rain!

Old 04-10-2010, 06:05 AM   #22
Aquiller
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChizNizzle View Post
And FH2 rain would be awesome too!

Or even more awesome, night & rain!

No, it wouldnt. It would end up with people adjusting their gamma on monitors just to see anything.
Which kinda blows the idea of having nightmap in the first place, right?
Old 04-10-2010, 06:45 AM   #23
salaminl

Well that rain map on FH2 made a lot of people lagg on low end pc's, so an 2/4km map full with rain would be a lagg machine i think

''You can kill ten of my men for every one I kill of yours, but even at those odds, you will lose and I will win.''
- Ho Chi Minh
Old 04-10-2010, 07:30 AM   #24
Fearosius

Send a message via MSN to Fearosius

I don't really like this 'adjust-gamma' exuse for no night maps, I bet it is only a minority that do it for their personal gain, and its not like its defiently going to get them better kills.

"Nothing is more confused than to be ordered into a war to die or to be maimed for life without the faintest idea of what's going on." - Hanoi Hannah
Old 04-10-2010, 08:21 AM   #25
Maxfragg

Send a message via ICQ to Maxfragg Send a message via MSN to Maxfragg Send a message via Skype™ to Maxfragg

just take it, as it is, a game without dynamic lightning is not made for night maps, morning dawn okay, but running around blind, because your monitors contrast is to low is just no fun at all, trust me

http://maxfragg.blogspot.com
Old 04-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #26
Tannhauser

Wow, why all the hate on night maps? They don't suck. All I see here are a bunch of people whining silly about night maps and giving reasons not to work on them when they're indeed part of reality. I mean, I loved playing Bi Ming when it was night! What's wrong with that? And Bi Ming was pitch black... those ones suggested would be clear-sky moonlit nights. Not that terrible IMO.

You can't see far away? No more super long range firefights? Afraid of the dark? No l33t NVGs? You actually have to LOOK around to make sure no one is sneaking on you? What, that's going to prevent you from playing PR? I've seen worse.
And if some nice EOD maps are too small, you can always put them on night mode. What was amazing of night-time Bi Ming is that it felt 2x larger as a map than day-time.

«Hollywood jackasses who insist on spending seriously huge amounts of money to make films that even my cat won't watch. And he'll happily sit in the bathroom and watch me shit.»
- [R-DEV]Masaq
Old 04-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #27
Aquiller
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquiller

Tannhauser you apparently are forgetting that this is just a game - which should be 'playable'. And the truth is Refractor engine cannot handle night maps PROPERLY. I"m all for a good night map with a decent dynamic lightning etc, but it's not gonna happen.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #28
velocity
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to velocity Send a message via Skype™ to velocity

while i have my doubts about night maps working i would love to see one, surely it couldnt hurt to make a concept night map? If it doesnt work then you can just remove the nightnsky from the map and add a midday or dawn or something to the map.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:21 AM   #29
Adetter

The Operation Eagle Storm or something like that on PR.09?
Isnt that night?
Old 04-11-2010, 07:10 AM   #30
salaminl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adetter View Post
The Operation Eagle Storm or something like that on PR.09?
Isnt that night?
I think they mean pitch black nights.

''You can kill ten of my men for every one I kill of yours, but even at those odds, you will lose and I will win.''
- Ho Chi Minh

Tags
maps, night, possibility