project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Vietnam General Discussion
25 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Vietnam General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Vietnam modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
edyR3c0rd

Default whether there be the Korean War, the first Afgan war and foulcland war.

I was just wondering, now there is vietnam war mod would PR team do other wars?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #2
mo0nbuggy1
Banned
Default Re: whether there be the Korean War, the first Afgan war and foulcland war.

"foulcland", really? What's that?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
salaminl

Default Re: whether there be the Korean War, the first Afgan war and foulcland war.

Don't know if this thread is in the right section, but isn't it falklands ?

''You can kill ten of my men for every one I kill of yours, but even at those odds, you will lose and I will win.''
- Ho Chi Minh
Old 04-26-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
Wakain

guys be gentle, note this fellow was born in latvia and therefore english is not his first language, he might even be very dyslectic for all we know so don't judge his language, the question is clear enough.

on-topic: I wouldn't count on it, as that would mean a lot of new factions, skins, maps and weapons and it's not PR's goal to recreate as much wars as possible.
vietnam is a war that by coincidence was relativley easy to include, as a lot of weapons, vehicles and maps could be used for it in cooperation with eod.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
Maxfragg

Send a message via ICQ to Maxfragg Send a message via MSN to Maxfragg Send a message via Skype™ to Maxfragg

but actually, with current and late vietnam equipment, there is not that much in between , though, PR:BF2 is missing enough stuff with 2 scenarios, and we should not forget, that PR:BF2 will not be developed forever, but i think PR2 Alpha should be out befor Xmas 2011, which will mean, the things to be realised for BF2 are limited

http://maxfragg.blogspot.com
Old 04-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

In the case of PR:Vietnam it was really the matter of us having all the assets available to do it with the EoD2 team really driving it forward and wanting it to happen.

With making the Korean, the Russian invasion of Afghanistan and the Falklands (epically the Falklands) would require a lot of work put into it to make all the new assets needed for that to happen. Hardly any of the British kit that is in service today was in use in the Falklands, I mean the Brits didn't even have the SA80s back then. The only things we have would be the Harrier (although our Harrier GR9 would need to be heavily modified to turn it into a Sea Harrier), the Land Rover, the Scimitar and one or two hand weapons and that's about it. Then we would also need to make the Argentinian team from scratch. It's simply not worth it when you also consider how much work we still need to do for normal PR, the PLA (ingame) for example are still using a MBT that was only a prototype in r/l and is not in service in the real PLA, and never will be since the ZTZ-99 was a much better design.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
Maxfragg

Send a message via ICQ to Maxfragg Send a message via MSN to Maxfragg Send a message via Skype™ to Maxfragg

jep, new china vehicles (ZTZ-99, WZ-10) should really have priority

http://maxfragg.blogspot.com
Old 04-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
Easterling

As an Argentinean I would gentlly ask not to make the Malvinas War part of the PR edition, since the flame of war is still a problem between the UK and Argentina; and the citizens of both countries also have the wounds wide open with this conflict. So I rather preffer not to make this conflict part of the PR saga
Old 04-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #9
sakils2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
In the case of PR:Vietnam it was really the matter of us having all the assets available to do it with the EoD2 team really driving it forward and wanting it to happen.

With making the Korean, the Russian invasion of Afghanistan
I think we almost have all the necessary assets. Only thing we need is a Hind, BMP and BMP-2. Which would require a lot of work
Old 04-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #10
Exec

Send a message via MSN to Exec

Bahhh shit, wrong post...

Tags
afgan, foulcland, korean, war