project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Vietnam General Discussion
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Vietnam General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Vietnam modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
osisulator

Default PR:V aircraft and their roles

I truly believe that this mod should really incorporate aircraft, like jets, into regular game play. For instance CAS with A-1 skyraiders or bombing with F-4 Phantoms or F-105 thunderchiefs or any other vietnam era aircraft. I think aircraft should also have difficulty detecting ground targets in order to maintain balance in game play and require cooperation from ground troops. Like in the screenshots and in real life hueys and cobras should be used extensively. I think each team should easily be able to take out an aircraft with a stinger or sa-5 missile of some sort but locks should take long so its not too easy. Also vehicles should have spawn times that are kind of long but not too long so there isn't constant bombardment from the air.
Anybody including the Devs please add your thoughts and correct me on anything

P.S. a B52 like in eod operation rolling thunder would be amazing
osisulator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

Default Re: PR:V aircraft and their roles

So, in summary:
-Put in the realistic aircraft
-Make them operate realistically
-Put them in realistic quantities
-P.S, B52 plz
?

Really, most of the suggestions for PR:V lately have been a matter of common sense. I can't help but feel this might also be one of those suggestions, no?

...mongol....

Military Lawyers engaged in fierce action

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
Wakain

Quote:
Really, most of the suggestions for PR:V lately have been a matter of common sense. I can't help but feel this might also be one of those suggestions, no?
I'd say the majority of the suggestions rather show a lack of common sense
Wakain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
SCE_BloodyStars

Still the fact remains that Aircraft were a big part of the U.S. (/allied) forces. Planes were used extensively back then, now I'm not agreeing with the ridiculously demanding list up there, but I feel like on some maps there is going to have to be more planes than we're used to.

Edit:

Idea: Maybe change the artillery instead of a long barrage that takes forever to refresh into small concentrated "bombs" that refresh fairly quickly to simulate the "airstrikes" coming in? I hope this isn't a ridiculous idea so don't hurt me.

1st two squads are CAS?.. Well isn't this just going to be a great game..
SCE_BloodyStars is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
Hresvelgr

We really should at least have A-1 Skyraiders showing up often enough. Nice and slowish CAS aircraft meaning easier to handle and easier to strafe the NVA. And easier to gun down.

"I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!"
Hresvelgr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
Hitman.2.5

We shouldn't go over board with the amount of Aircraft. The A-1 SR was used in all Air support roles the only time they were not used was when the US were bombing deep into the North. Two fixed wing maybe 3 or 4 at a push should be more than enough. A-4 skyhawk would be nice to see too .

Osisulator there were no stingers XD but there was the SA-7 and the FIM-43 REDEYE (stingers father).

Derpist
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #7
mo0nbuggy1
Banned

I want to see puff and the other gunship, thier tracer rounds will look amazing.
mo0nbuggy1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #8
Squeezee

Does a Vietnam mod mean we can finally have OV-10s!?

RHYS4190: Still it not exactly realistic that nades have the killing power of a party popper.
Squeezee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:20 AM   #9
SCE_BloodyStars

Idea: Maybe change the artillery instead of a long barrage that takes forever to refresh into small concentrated "bombs" that refresh fairly quickly to simulate the "airstrikes" coming in? I hope this isn't a ridiculous idea so don't hurt me.

Like a JDAM, only not as huge.

1st two squads are CAS?.. Well isn't this just going to be a great game..
SCE_BloodyStars is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:06 AM   #10
Snazz
Supporting Member

I doubt they'd increase the amount of air power over it's current level in PR, more pilots means less infantry remember.

Besides jets are currently only found on 4x4km PR maps, whereas the PRV maps we're aware of like OGT and Tad Sae are 1x1km and will be lucky to even have a Huey on them. Some of the EOD maps are 2x2km (though not really 'PR quality') yet it'd be silly having jets on them with PR's game play. Maybe there's a 4x4km PRV map in the works or some great EOD maps I'm not familiar with but at this stage it's not looking good for fixed wing assets.

BTW B-52s at least during Vietnam were still primarily long range strategic bombers, so they make no sense in PRV.
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aircraft, prv, roles