project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Vietnam General Discussion
21 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Vietnam General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Vietnam modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #31
TheOldBreed

Default Re: PR:V aircraft and their roles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazz View Post
I read it and it is interesting, but doesn't explain how player controlled B-52s would fit into PR game play.

True. How about a scripted flyover when a JDAM is dropped, like this:
Xfire Video
no not player controlled, i mean as an area attack with it scripted like that video. and that video is sick haha
TheOldBreed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #32
sAueR115

Wouldn't you expect them to do this anyway?... It's PR
sAueR115 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #33
SCE_BloodyStars

Well you never know, and this thread was started with a diffrent suggestion.

But that video looked amazing that would be 100% awesome.

1st two squads are CAS?.. Well isn't this just going to be a great game..
SCE_BloodyStars is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #34
Sgt.MADHat

Im not entirely sure how they called in precision close air support in Vietnam, but I dont think they used any type of laser target designators like in pr. (feel free to correct me)

As said Earlier I would love to see Air support very dependent on ground force-to- air communication. EG: Calling in cordinates a5, key pads, and description of where to hit.

For example requesting air support a5, kp 3, hit the top of the hill.

Not only does this strengthen the requirements on communication, but is also pretty satisfying when you see the bombs drop on the right location.
Sgt.MADHat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:02 AM   #35
Silverwolf
Send a message via MSN to Silverwolf

Off the top of my head MADhat, your description of CAS targetting during Vietnam is pretty much it .

Ground forces hop on the radio, request strike at x grid location, give some description of the target location, and hope the pilot knows how to navigate :P.

I'd say a B52 fly-over such as in that nice looking vid would be the way to go as a JDAM replacement. I'd say if they were put in the mod as a player controled aircraft would be rather silly.

Now an AC-47... that'd be fun , and definately require some good communication both amongst the aircraft crew (pilot and gunners) and the forces on the ground calling for CAS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Silverwolf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:14 AM   #36
Sgt.MADHat

ac-130 would be incredible.

I think it would take some time to get used to it though, the only thing it would lite up on opening day is the team kill marker.
regardless that would be awesome.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #37
Hitman.2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektro View Post
Meh, we have food, wine and football. Who cares which side we are on?
Your Italian, thought all along you were from the UK OMG XD

and the old breed the reason that there were arc lights every 3 hours is because it would be another, of many moral crushing defeats to the US effort in vietnam and the US were desperate to keep khe sanh :S

A B-52 fly over would be pretty nice though XD do you know if it can be set higher though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.MADHat View Post
ac-130 would be incredible.
Shame the maps are too small cobra with the Auto GL will suffice though XD

Derpist
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #38
Sgt.MADHat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman.2.5 View Post

Shame the maps are too small cobra with the Auto GL will suffice though XD
Could you enlighten me here, if Current pr maps can support jets flying at very fast speeds, how could the maps be too small for an ac-130. Not arguing here, just curious.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #39
Hitman.2.5

It been debated in PR so i thought i'd get there before the rest.

TBH if we have an AC-130 that should be all we get because of how small the map actually is.
Plus AAA is gonna shred that thing every time providing the view distance will be small as it is on most PR maps so you'll HAVE to fly low and low isn't how that thing flies. and jets have always been in PR and yet the maps are Too small they seem to fit in well.

Maybe it could be like a PR gunie pig pop it in to see how well the thing works.

or just put it in as an area attack has the same radius of a JDAM but have multiple explosions and vary the size of the explosions so you will have 20mm pops 40mm bangs and 105 BOOM! and lots of em so a arty strike plus a more frequent and less powerful mortar strike and streams of red tracer(f-16 cannon) all at once while that thing is called in.

Derpist
Hitman.2.5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #40
Pvt.SmittY15

Isnt some of that hardcoded i mean like have a jet flying over without a pilot and it drops a payload?
Pvt.SmittY15 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aircraft, prv, roles