project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Vietnam General Discussion
21 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Vietnam General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Vietnam modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 10:52 AM   #21
Cassius

Default Re: PR:V aircraft and their roles

Well you could compensate, you could give the us forces more airpower and artillery on a shorter time, but limit the ammount of fobs they can have a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazz View Post
Infantry jungle combat would be like fighting Italians?
I dont get it
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #22
ma21212
Supporting Member

Alot of aircraft were shot down in the south (mainly the Hueys), as i read once, a Huey piolt got a gift from one of the grunts on the ground, it was a poster that showd where to aim when the huey was flying, lifting of, landing etc. in the north over 900 planes were shot down due to up to date SAM IIs givven by the soviets and in some cases operated by chinese engneers. PRV probably wont have a Op. Rolling Thunder if you ask me so i kinda dought B52s. when they were used in the south they did some crazy stuff like Arch light bombing runs but ..its just too big

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ma21212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #23
Snazz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldBreed View Post
no i mean they were used for tactical bombing in Vietnam as well. see things like: Operation Niagara
I don't doubt that strategic assets are sometimes used tactically, but it's hard enough justifying the presence of 2 opposing airfields with fighter jets in PR let alone intercontinental bombers.

BTW B-1 targeting pods (http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123042750).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
I dont get it
He said a Vietnam map without aircraft would be like WW2 without Germany or Japan.

That leaves Italy alone on the Axis side.
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #24
Fluffywuffy

AC-47

[DM]AirborneLegs or hellatom ingame
Fluffywuffy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #25
Technoelite

i am sorry but if u have the EOD maps which are 2x2 and take out the jets and that no offence it will fail, but oh well you need the jets air support played a major role in the war, my american history proffesser is a nut about the subject

Technoelite is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #26
TheOldBreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazz View Post
I don't doubt that strategic assets are sometimes used tactically, but it's hard enough justifying the presence of 2 opposing airfields with fighter jets in PR let alone intercontinental bombers.
see my previous post.

B52s carry JDAMs. thought i'd throw that down haha
TheOldBreed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #27
Snazz
Supporting Member

Quote:
see my previous post.
I read it and it is interesting, but doesn't explain how player controlled B-52s would fit into PR game play.

Quote:
B52s carry JDAMs. thought i'd throw that down haha
True. How about a scripted flyover when a JDAM is dropped, like this:
Xfire Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technoelite View Post
i am sorry but if u have the EOD maps which are 2x2 and take out the jets and that no offence it will fail
We don't know yet what maps will actually end up in PRV, but IMO the bigger EOD maps (eg. Irving and C.D.S) wouldn't be very appropriate for PR gameplay with or without the jets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technoelite View Post
you need the jets air support played a major role in the war
Could just have an A1 Skyraider performing CAS, they'd at least take longer to circle the small maps compared to jets.

You may want to fly jets and dogfight and so on regardless of map size or realism, but it's such a tiny aspect of PR.

I could say 'just go play EOD2 then' but there's no one else to play that with except bots.
Last edited by Snazz; 04-19-2010 at 08:05 PM..
Old 04-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #28
McBumLuv

@ Snazz, the fact that aircraft are such a small aspect in PR probably lies far more in the lack of attention or abilities they are actually given as opposed to anything else.

McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:51 PM   #29
Snazz
Supporting Member

I agree with the theory that aircraft are given the least attention in PR, but I doubt that if they were more capable they would be more numerous than they are now.

I still attribute it primarily to the fact that we have 32 players per team max and only a few 4x4km maps.
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:17 AM   #30
Delaruz [29th ID]

A7 Corsair II's? And we could have everyone spawn on deck for Huey rides to the mainland for one map I'm guessing.
Delaruz [29th ID] is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aircraft, prv, roles