project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Vietnam General Discussion
23 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Vietnam General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Vietnam modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #21
Daniel

Default Re: SERVERS! Play vietnam every once in a while will ya?

Yeah! Support QRF and have amazing fun! (They are really nice players, by what I've seen on their "QRFclan"-YouTube channel, some amazing CAS... )

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z
using Firefox on Android 4.4.4 "KitKat"
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #22
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Vietnam and Normandy can't be compared really. The latter being (mostly) a one-man thing. Ane in fact, there's a new release on the way. The only reason Normandy isn't played right now, is because there's only one map, not because ppl don't want to play it.

And why Vietnam isn't played as much is because many ppl haven't updated to Beta 2, not because they don't want to play.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]AfterDune is online now Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #23
Daniel

You serious tell me that maaaany ppl still have the beta "1"? Are they just too lazy to update to Beta 2 manually?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z
using Firefox on Android 4.4.4 "KitKat"
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #24
mOsInNaGaNt

Well i just had a good time on a server running vietnam but there was only a maximum of 12 ppl playing so it was more of just running around trying to find something to shoot. I wish ppl would get on board with this update. Who doesn't like hueys and napalm ?
mOsInNaGaNt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:21 AM   #25
Knallkopp_02
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
You serious tell me that maaaany ppl still have the beta "1"? Are they just too lazy to update to Beta 2 manually?
Yes, Most of them dont know how to update by hand. They Need an updater or a exe file. Zip Files are the worst things they can get. I think, many of the players have downloaded the files, but they dont know what to do next.

Regards Knallkopp_02
Knallkopp_02 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:39 AM   #26
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Developer

PRTA run a mapvote yesterday, IaDrang won. Server lost 35 people, I had to runnext, server was full again. It seems it lost some of it's popularity, is a bit overplayed since it's release and some people haven't updated yet. If you put this together, I think you know why servers are not picking these maps in the rotation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:01 AM   #27
[R-DEV]AfterDune
Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure you lost 35 people because they haven't updated to Beta 2 yet, not because they didn't want to play. The same thing happens on NEW, when they switched to Vietnam.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #28
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
I'm pretty sure you lost 35 people because they haven't updated to Beta 2 yet, not because they didn't want to play. The same thing happens on NEW, when they switched to Vietnam.
Could be, but then I find it weird that it won the mapvote, cause I think the people voting for it know about the update . Anyway, is there a way we can make sure they update? Maybe make PR only launch able threw the auto updater?

[R-DEV]Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #29
[R-DEV]AfterDune
Supporting Member

Ia Drang was also in Beta 1, so sure, they can vote for it and not know about the update (or think they updated when in fact they didn't or it didn't work).

Perhaps servers should put something in the servermessage about Beta 2... in the hopes ppl will actually read it.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #30
Knallkopp_02
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
Ia Drang was also in Beta 1, so sure, they can vote for it and not know about the update (or think they updated when in fact they didn't or it didn't work).

Perhaps servers should put something in the servermessage about Beta 2... in the hopes ppl will actually read it.
Is it possible to send the forummembers a message that there is a new beta?
Knallkopp_02 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
paly, play, servers, vietnam