project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Vietnam General Discussion
30 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:Vietnam General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Vietnam modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
Sgt. Mahi

Default Surprisingly good teamwork in this mini mod

Ok so I've only played it like 6 hours total but I must say that I was surprised how much teamwork there is in PR:V compared to normal PR. Maybe it's the no-scope gameplay or some of the vets are coming back to try out the new stuff.

I'm loving this mini mod already...

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Sgt. Mahi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Cossack112
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cossack112
Default Re: Surprisingly good teamwork in this mini mod

Its 'Nam man, heroes die first

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cossack112 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Incognito84

It plays really, really well and I don't throw that compliment out lightly.

It has a leg up on the original PR in terms of intensity and it funnels the action in a way that never lets up. The lack of optics and the heavy foliage make it so a lot more rounds are flying around and information is a lot more uncertain. The need to communicate jumps up a bit and I've been seeing a lot of communication in this mod.

When Mumble is being used well lots of neat macro-management begins happening too. I was just leading a squad and was coordinating with a mortar team who used our instructions to provide more accurate artillery. On the way to our destination (US Command in Ia Drang), another squad requested help as their defence of Cutoff Platoon was being overrun and before they went down, they were able to give us specific details about the attack that helped us when we arrived.

The amount of teamwork coupled with the intensity of it is just great. I really hope this mod has staying power and I'm finding it a lot more fun than vanilla PR.

English is my first language

i5-2500k Sandybridge
Zalman ZM660-XT 660W PSU
Asrock P67 Pro 3 mainboard
2x2GB Gskill 12800 RipJaws DDR3
GTX 460 1GB Zotac
Incognito84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
Ratface
PR Server License Moderator

I love the mod! As far as the teamwork goes, a couple great examples I have see:

Op. Barracuda, our team had Airstrip on lock down as NVA, and when it finally fell into enemy hands our entire team worked together in mumble to literally zerg rush the control tower. So many blue dots! o.0

Another was on Ia Drang (Sorry if misspelled :P). My squad was holding river bed against the NVA. We survived a few major assaults from at least a squad or two at full strength of NVA, and I'm sure mumble helped them coordinate their final attack that displaced us from the cap, at which we called broken arrow and the skyraider came to have his fun

Again, love the mod, and the amount of teamwork and immersion is incredible!!

Ratface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #5
Qadis

Haven't played the original PR in a few months before PR:V, then I came back for this and I actually saw a decrease in teamwork and player skill, even on SISU which would have some of the best organized games. Idk how it was just before PR:V released though, so maybe it did bring about an improvement.
Qadis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:13 AM   #6
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qadis View Post
even on SISU
That's rare - I have to agree with OP out of desperation if nothing else people have to work together or die.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:48 AM   #7
psychickactivity

Hello.

I have a very good sensation , i see PR 3 years ago , with a very good teamplay , and submersif game.

If an europe team create contact me ...I come ..
psychickactivity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
=HCM= Shwedor

Less vehicles == more teamwork.

Medics don't die in vehicles, squads stick together instead of going off in tanks to do their own thing, etc.

shwedor
=HCM= Shwedor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:52 AM   #9
pr0Life

You need your squad. How else will you spot the enemy if you don't put the FNG on point?
pr0Life is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

My best experience was as a SL in Ia Drang map. Instructions were simple, keep hidden to the NE and E of the hill (Cutoff Platoon) and ambush any enemy at sight. Far range firefights would end bad for NVA as I often called for Skyraider's support. The whole team was extremely cooperative and my squad KDR was simply mindblowing at the end. Loved it.

But I'm not entirely sure it's the mini-mod per se that is making people more teamwork oriented or it's a combination of factors such as the server you're in.

[R-COM]Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
good, mini, mod, surprisingly, teamwork