PR:A3 Project Manager
Join Date: Apr 2007
Project Reality: ARMA 2 v0.15 Beta - Features List
Project Reality: ARMA2 v0.15 Features
Dialogs, UI, HUD's, Map
- Changed: Performance and network optimizations
- Changed: Server mission duration: On the server list, it should now show the correct estimated time remaining. Previously 15 minutes would show in all cases.
- Introduced US Army faction
- Prevented eavesdropping by dead players
- Added module that randomly closes houses' doors at the start of the game to all missions
- Changed and added the in-game help notes and pictures
- Fixed most of the v0.1 bugs
- Added player names on map.
- Pressing PR "identify" key with map on will now show/hide the nearby player names for your side within 500m.
- In addition, for the SL only, it will show all units in your squad and all other SL's at any distance.
- Added 'Team Support' sub-menu under 'Request' menu. Added 'Sorry' option too.
- Added 'Asset of interest' to Spot->Structures menu, (as a means to share generic object location with squad more easily)
- Added distance to request messages
- Added static weapons map icons
- Changed squad radar will only auto appear when you join a group
- Changed squad radar icons and colours slightly. Added medic icon.
- Changed: Previously squad units were visible at an unlimited distance in squad radar. Now they will be limited to ~200m (currentRadius x4) for subordinates and ~400m (x8 ) for SL, plus SL alone will show for up to 1000m for subordinates. Unit icon colour will fade as distance beyond circle radius increases.
- Changed capture progress bar. Changed bar into shorter thin line and removed indicator displaying the number of players capturing the flag.
- Fixed: Prevent Squad Menu key operating while map is open. Otherwise map click dependent options won't work. Solves various issues.
- Fixed: Request pickup menu option was showing your player name instead of caller's in icon's caption
- Changed: All medic requests are now limited to 500m
- Removed "Restrain" option
- Fixed bug with treated patients remaining unconscious
- Fixed bug where getting injured while healing oneself would render you stuck in animation/unable to interact
- Fixed several similar bugs
- Added: When loading cargo, vehicle list will now indicate any vehicles squad locked by your squad for easier identification
- Changed: Load Cargo menu now provides a choice of where to load it
- Changed: certain Landrover Special & UAZ vehicles with weapons can now carry a cargo item
- Changed cargo menus and messages to use new short object display names
- Changed: prevent ZU23 being transported or dragged
- Changed: Drag action can now be aborted early during first few seconds by pressing your move forward key
- Fixed bug with unloaded cargo dropping through floor on ships and roof tops
- Fixed bug with rotated objects dropping through floor on ships and roof tops
- Fixed shortcut support for more than 10 items. (Now handles up to 36)
- Fixed attachTo death bug: Added workaround for bug introduced by patch 1.60
- Fixed: Certain supplies containers may not have been getting replenished
- Improved various aspects and issues
- Added icons to every player indicating their weapon class
- Added 'Request to Join' a locked or full squad
- Added: SL can change his squad size limit from 4-[8/10/12], depending on total players. Default is 6.
- Added: SL can override his own set squad size limit when recruiting.
- Changed: Squad size limit and "full" status is now indicated in the group's status bar (eg: "(6/6) [Full]").
- Changed: player can assign/unassign himself to/from any FT. SL can lock this option.
- Changed: FT leader can reassign (non-FT) members to join/leave his FT
- Fixed Name Squad edit box hiding itself while editing, when info refreshes
- Fixed bug with dead players appearing in squad with no name
Base Deployment/Respawn dialog
- Changed various kit availability rates
- Decreased HAT kit requirements from 1 in 24, to 1 in 18
- Decreased AA kit requirements from 1 in 24, to 1 in 15
- Decreased Combat Engineer requirements from 1 in 6, to 1 in 4
- Fixed: your backpack will not reset each time you leave Armaments
- Fixed various minor bugs - backpack icons, kit icon widths, list sizing, dialog loading speed, blocked blank slots, etc
- Fixed exploits in Armaments - premature access
- Removed MG kit from Armaments at insurgents base for CI game mode. You now need to use the cache.
- Added respawn penalty times to Base Deployment dialog
- Added support for base deployable vehicles (boats/amphibians at LHD)
- Changed: your backpack will not reset each time you leave Armaments
- Fixed various minor bugs - Fixed cancel button, text flicker, list contents, etc
- Fixed exploits in base deployment - vehicle transport
- Fixed players occasionally being active but "unconscious" after respawn, preventing action menu use, etc.
- Fixed LHD floating respawn bug
- Fixed deployment screen flickering if you had the map open in the background
- Added woodland FV510 Warrior
- Fixed damaged state on FV510 Warrior
- Added static weapons ammo supply models for all factions
- Added 3 retextured east Landrover vehicles with different camo's
- Added 2 replacement cargo transport trailer models for towing tractor (single & double)
- Added replacement cache model (for CI)
- Removed PR Hesco's and custom fortifications from this release
Ammunition and Maintenance
- Introduced weapon switching system via numeric keys
- Added tracer rounds for many weapons
- Added NVG/scope block for some weapons
- Added zeroing for some weapons (various SVD's, AKS-74 PSO & more)
- Added new weapon variations
- Removed 'Touch off' and 'Place satchel' action menu options
- Changed: Combat Engineer kit can now be obtained at mortar
- Changed mortar: removed automatic messages, removed map from HUD, removed artificial round tracking on map
- Added WP & Illum mortar rounds with custom effects
- Fixed mortar ammo name display in mortar HUD
- Fixed mortar bug where assembled mortars would lose access to the mortar HUD
- Changed static & HAT METIS launchers to include normal vision mode
- Changed All static weapons now start off empty
- Added 40+ backpacks with all new contents for all kits/factions
- Added 5 basic ammo boxes for all factions
- Changed all kit loadouts, to encourage squad cohesion
- Many weapons added or removed
- Binoculars removed from most military kits
- Insurgents get binoculars for most kits
- NVG's removed from all Insurgent kits, except SL
- Removed all laser designators
- Removed Igla static weapons from Insurgent factions
- Fixed bugs related to Satchels menu (via Squad menu)
- Fixed recoil on M249 and L110
- Fixed recoil on DMR
- Removed AP mines/claymores pending improved future implementation
- Changed: overhauled vehicle maintenance system
- Removed generic rearming ability from VSP's
- Added ammunition system for static and vehicle weapons
- Added static weapons ammo supply (new models), to separate it from VSP
- Added cargo menu to VSP's for access to ammo/maintenance objects
- Added separate ammo boxes/pallets for every vehicle & static weapon ammo type
- Added transportable repair containers for helicopters and armour field repairs. These are in VSP.
- Added menu option Maintenance->Supported Ammunition, which lists (and remembers) all supported ammo types for the vehicle or static weapon. Remembered items are highlighted in VSP cargo menu.
- Fixed tyre repairs sometimes not remaining fixed
A&D Game Mode
- Added PR config'd Jackal & Wildcat AH11 with woodland camo
- Added vehicle locking feature, by squads with at least 2 players in them. Any squad member can lock/unlock. Cargo seats are not locked, only crewman seats are locked.
- Added crew checking features:
- Added same-squad crewman seat occupancy rules. You may not crew the gunner seat with crewmen from other squads.
- Added solo armour gunner rules. You may not crew the vehicle by yourself. The gunner seat may only be occupied while a driver and/or the commander seat is occupied by another person.
- Added construction materials box to armoured vehicle to allow tank emplacements to be built
- Added reminder message if vehicle has no ammo upon boarding
- Added towing ability to towing tractor to tow trailers
- Removed 'Manual fire' action menu option
- Removed all ammo, repair and fuel trucks (to prevent unlimited supply exploits)
- Changed: Many vehicles have changed configs
- Changed: added zu23 ammo boxes to cargo in Zu23 ural truck by default
- Reduced vehicle respawn duration of unarmed cars and trucks from 10 to 4 minutes
- Improved cargo airlifting system - hook alignments, LHD support, roof top support, etc.
- Fixed zeroing on woodland & desert Warrior
- Fixed rear-view mirror bug, where you couldn't exit camera mode
- Fixed duplicated parachute appearing when bailing from choppers
- Fixed major bug with 'unconscious' players in armed vehicles becoming invincible to fire but still able to shoot back
CI Game Mode
- Changed A&D game mode mechanism & rules
- Attacking side will have tickets. If these tickets reach zero, they will lose the match. They can only win by securing all zones.
- Defending side will now also have tickets. When these tickets reach zero, they will not be able to spawn at FO's, RP's or HO's, but can use FB's.
- Changed: Upon securing/losing a zone, the tickets for both sides will reset.
- Changed A&D starting tickets
- Changed: Set starting tickets to 120 for attackers
- Added 80 starting tickets for defenders
- Added 20 starting bonus tickets for both sides (until first zone secured/lost).
General Game Mode changes
- Fixed multiple issues with CI gamemod
- Removed Watchtower concept from CI missions
- Removed general ticket bleed for CI game mode
- Fixed: bug in CI where sometimes cache #2 was revealed before #1
- Fixed: bug in CI where you could reveal 3+ caches (but limit is 2)
- Fixed bug where destroying a tunnel entrance would count as destroying a cache
- Added marker to indicate destroyed tunnel entrances
Scoreboard & ROE Violations Dialogs
- Changed default mission duration from 240 mins to 180 mins
- Added Battle prep time at start of mission. First 1.5 minutes are for squad management and briefing where vehicles have no fuel, then next 2 minutes are for vehicle preparation and cargo handling.
- Changed end game result due to game time limit expiration, has been changed to a "Stalemate" for game modes: CI and A&D, rather than flags held
- Changed RP deployment rule - it must now be deployed near a friendly zone or FO. This can now be checked via the Build Boundaries sub-menu.
- Changed vehicle spawn conditions, to make missions playable with lower numbers
- Changed zone capture rates were changed for low/high player numbers. (With few players it will take longer than before and with many players it will take less than before.)
- Changed RP: The team size rates have changed to be less, which determines whether you need 1-4 squad members nearby when setting up RP, depending on total players
- Changed sandbags from weapons crates can now only build basic sandbag walls, (unlike FO)
- Added minimum spacing of 200m for HO's
- Added minimum spacing of 50m for RP's
- Removed FO MG/AT containers from medium FO supply. FO's will now need to bring their own heavy weapons.
- Added: vehicle respawn times increased, if sides unbalanced
- Added: player respawn times increased, if sides unbalanced
- Fixed bug where packing up RP would delete your current backpack
- Fixed bug of unconscious units still contributing to the capture of zones
Scoring & Penalties
- Added: Scoring now supports JIP, so it remembers scores & penalties upon re-joining, even if different slot used.
- Added: everyone will now receive a short ROE violation message when one occurs. No details in message, just that it occurred, so that you can check the log for full message yourself.
- Changed: airbourne aircraft over safezone (over 25m) are now allowed to be shot down without ROE violation. It should help with choppers firing from inside protected safezone.
- Fixed bug with dead JIP players not appearing in scoreboard
- Fixed bug with scoreboard not updating statistics after certain events
- Fixed various other scoreboard bugs
- Removed red TK indicators on scoreboard
- Changed/Added/Fixed various awarded score points plus penalties and criteria
- Added scoring: first aid will now get points: 2 for CPR or field dressing and 1 for quick injections.
- Fixed bug with cache destruction scoring being incorrect
- Fixed: Differentiate between a TK and a "crew kill" (your crew). Also, for a crew kill, the killers are not the gunners but the driver.
- Changed: crewed vehicle kill scores are now roughly doubled based on vehicle value
- Changed: empty friendly vehicle kills now have lower penalty (vehicleValue), than crewed ones (3*vehicleValue + TK's)
- Fixed work point from 1 to -2 for suicide
- Replaced Jackal L111A1 and L7A2 sounds
- Replaced Chinook Rear gun sound
- Replaced BTR and BRDM KPVT sounds
- Replaced Lynx M621 sound and impact sounds for HE ammo
- Replaced various vehicle and weapon sounds
- Added Menu music
- Added 6 new missions for Chernarus
- A&S - Battle for Sobor (UK)
- A&S - Operation Chainsaw (UK)
- A&S - Electricity (UK)
- A&S - Gorka (UK)
- A&D - Portside (UK)
- A&D - Take Down (UK)
- Added 2 new missions for Takistan
- CI - Endless Blood (US)
- A&S - 'skirmish' mission: First Light (US)
- Changed missions Sisyphus and Strength & Honor missions to use US faction
- Modified layouts on some existing missions
- Changed Battle for Rasman to default as night mission
- Changed default starting times and weather conditions on all missions for variety
- Fixed issues with Iron Forge mission not progressing