project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
23 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #1
GrafZeppelin
Default LMG bipod/supported BUG/abuse

hi i am really new to PR and have tio say at first great mod :P

so here is my problem:

the bipod thing on the LMG´s is a littlebit buggy: peoples can benefit from the accuracy of the supported LMG bonus while standing and crouching. that its really annoying me...

because that makes these weapons TOO strong.

i wanna know its a bug or is these kind of using the weapon planed by the DEVs...

and think about a LMG in close combat = only lucky guys win against the LMG

think about it or not, its only my feeling about that weapons....
Old 12-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
Spaz
Supporting Member

Default Re: LMG bipod/supported BUG/abuse

Its not a bug, they want it to be like that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
goguapsy

Non supported LMGs = no scopes BUT insta-little-deviation. Result? The best assault rifle in the game with 0 deviation.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[/CENTER]
Old 12-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
Vege

i would not call 2-3 seconds (rough time before bullets start to drop into target) debloy time anywhere fast in CQB.
Engage SAW with your own terms. Your expected to loose head to head against it.

BF universe: Jorma[fIIn], Tahanmikaansovi, Vge, Lou Bang, Marjapiirakka
Old 12-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
octo-crab
Banned

The reason you can fire in deployed mode while standing is to simulate deploying the lmg on windowsills, cars, and anything else you wanna imagine.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vege View Post
i would not call 2-3 seconds (rough time before bullets start to drop into target) debloy time anywhere fast in CQB.
Yes you are expected to lose...but the guy using undeployed mode will win in short to med range
Old 12-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #7
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by octo-crab View Post
The reason you can fire in deployed mode while standing is to simulate deploying the lmg on windowsills, cars, and anything else you wanna imagine.
If THIS is implemented in-game the "abuse" will end and what you said (which is correct) be better.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
Old 12-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
Nebsif
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vege View Post
lol. Even when u get to him from behind, unless u kill him in the 1st few secs, he will turn around and kill u faster than u can say "This is bullshit". One of many examples would be my last Qwai round when I had a SAW, a chinese QBZ dude started shootin me from the left like 50m away from me and hit me once when I was moving forward, I turned around, scoped in, gone prone and started spraying right after that and he died in 2 secs.
The deviation in the 1st ~3 secs may be big, but the rate of fire is high enuf to start shooting right after cuz it will 100% supress teh enemy and cuz theres a high chance u'll still hit him.
Last edited by Nebsif; 12-12-2009 at 04:22 PM..
Old 12-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #9
chrisweb89
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
If THIS is implemented in-game the "abuse" will end and what you said (which is correct) be better.
This already ingame, you aren't able to rest your weapons on objects because of engine limitaions so this is the best the devs could do I think.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #10
Truism

This has been done to death, absolutely hammered to death in dozens of threads.

The LMG isn't too strong. In fact it's perfect apart from ranges over 400 meters where it's too accurate. It's that Assault Rifles are way too weak.

Tags
bipod or supported, bug or abuse, lmg