project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
24 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #21
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB
Default Re: LMG's too powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec_Operator View Post
Maybe I'm strange, but I'd never change things that are not meant to be changed. I don't know how many people would use that, but I guess it's about everyone who has such a mouse, so you have a point.
Opfor has scopes(zoom atm), chechens, ins and taliban are supposed to be without scopes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
Old 10-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #22
Wags

Send a message via Skype™ to Wags

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymints View Post
Ive gotta say that they got it very realistic here so I have to disagree. Remember, in real life, if you use this weapon, you are TRAINED to deal with it, you also get very much stronger carrying that thing around, so weight doesn't matter so much with this weapon.
I don't think that it should be changed at all either, its really good.
This isn't entirely correct. In real-life, you are trained on the weapon, but that doesn't mean you'll be using it your whole military career.

And weight has everything to do with this weapon. Weight has everything to do with every weapon. Weight was one of the main reasons as to why the US chose the M16 over other weapons. Weight is the reason why the majority of soldiers I know hate to carry the SAW. Weight generally slows down reaction time and requires more work to hold steady (standing). Weight is something you do not want when your target is only 10 meters away and he's carrying a 10 pound AK47 and your humping around a 30 pound M249.*

The LMG's are modeled good, but they still need a little more improvement.

*I know those aren't the exact weights of those weapons, but they are close enough.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #23
mr.cuddelywuddely

Quote:
Originally Posted by 503 View Post
I find that there are no advantages with the nonscoped ones, even when some say that you get a bigger FOV than the scoped SAW.
i think that unscoped lmg can have a advantage over scoped ones. in close, medium combat you can provide accurate fire and you can respond quicker..
On the map fools road i rather have the chechen lmg than the russian one. altough its a big map, the fighting is pretty close quarters and unscoped lmg in deployed mode stands out here... constant fire close range ftw
Old 10-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #24
Nebsif
Supporting Member

The kit u choose affects ur stamina or h/e its called (that sprint bar thingy)?
Old 10-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #25
HellDuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebsif View Post
This can easily "solved" by a mice with adjustable sensitivity like my G9...
But that doesn't change the fact that the slower turning is already there. And what you describe here thusforth is called cheating.

The AR is fine. Love the new announced changes. I never heard of people saying: "Oh it's an MG, no biggie". I was under the impression most of the time they'd say:" MG!!! GET DOWN!!!"

Perhaps do that? Why stick your face up in front of the MG barrel and complain in the forums later?

“Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.” - Lao Tzu

Never heard of Lithuania? Territory
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!!
Yes I know the map is old, but that doesn't really matter now does it?
Old 10-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #26
Kruder

My only complain with scoped MGs is that in a firefight against 0.50 scoped AR will always win.Wish they kept the zoom levels on 0.50,at least on HMVs...
Old 10-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #27
Masterbake
Banned

Personally I don't see a problem with the LMG being powerful, but I think that's too bad combined with it being so readily available now. I think it should either be turned back to a requestable kit but with slightly higher numbers available, like it was before, or you should only be able to get one in a squad of 4, maybe 5.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #28
Hitman.2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vege View Post
If you go front to front against LMG you will loose, you don't have advantage there.
Flank and shoot them in the ganglia. (gotta love words that PR has tought me)
wtf is the ganglia i always wondered what it is ?

Derpist
Old 10-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #29
mr.cuddelywuddely

isnt ganglia a part of the brain or something?
so that he is dead dead?
Ah google is my friend, its the part of the brain that controls voluntery movement...

on topic tho: LMG's are not to powerfull, you are just not carefull enough.. Dont forget you have and lmg in your squad too.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:10 PM   #30
Nimise

The thing that I think makes LMGs a little bit OP is the fact that they have no weakness. At far range they can beat you, at medium range they can beat you, at close range they can still beat you. All other guns have weaknesses like scoped rifleman isn't good close range and unscoped rifleman isn't good long range but LMGs are good at any range which is a little bit cheap.

Tags
lmg, powerful