project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #11
Marshall

Default Re: LMG's too powerful.

When I have my LMG in scoped mode and I'm sighted in, I can't turn it as quickly as I do with a rifle. Surely here's your LMG weighing more than a rifle issue.

Similarly, when I m sighted in on the LMG and moving in crouched or standing, I move much slower than I would with a rifle.

I personally think the LMG is spot on, in real life infantry tactics are built around the LMG and it would seem so in PR too.

Once the weapon is deployed its slow to turn around, presumably to simulate in real life the soldier picking it up, turning and placing it down on it's bipod again.

In CQB I think it's effective, switch to weapon slot '3' and scope in, fire in short, sharp rapid bursts. I've only seen a quicker end to a guy when he runs over a grenade trap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #12
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

The Power of the Saw on Project Reality - Xfire Video

Just right I'd say

Old 09-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #13
TheLean
Supporting Member

The prone dive issue will probably be dealt with in the next patch. The EA deviation increase is miniscule at best.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #14
mightymints

Ive gotta say that they got it very realistic here so I have to disagree. Remember, in real life, if you use this weapon, you are TRAINED to deal with it, you also get very much stronger carrying that thing around, so weight doesn't matter so much with this weapon.
I don't think that it should be changed at all either, its really good.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:04 PM   #15
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The only changes made to the infantry mg's for the nest release are as follows...

Un-Deployed
  • No changes. The prone diving fix will apply as it will with all weapons for 0.9.

Deployed
  • Useless in CQB
  • Can make minor "wasd" adjustments without affecting deviation too much
  • Can fire effectively without sighting in (a common machinegun tactic where the gunner uses his tracers for fire correction while maintaining a large fov)

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 10-08-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
Smegburt_funkledink

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
Can fire effectively without sighting in (a common machinegun tactic where the gunner uses his tracers for fire correction while maintaining a large fov)
^ Best improvement for AR's ever!

Seriously, I couldn't be more happy with the changes, once all factions have their respective scopes to replace the 'iron-zoom' they'll be perfect.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Old 10-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #17
chrisweb89
Project Reality Beta Tester

I don't know anything about reallife tactics when it comes to room clearing, but it seams unrealistic to me that if you send in an auto rifle on point zoomes in on number three slot that he can kill pretty much any defender in his way while moving slowly. This is the main time I think that they are portryaed unrealisticly but I also have no solution to this.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #18
Nebsif
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
When I have my LMG in scoped mode and I'm sighted in, I can't turn it as quickly as I do with a rifle. Surely here's your LMG weighing more than a rifle issue.
This can easily "solved" by a mice with adjustable sensitivity like my G9...
Old 10-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #19
Supporting Member

No scopes for OpFor LMGs yet? I find that there are no advantages with the nonscoped ones, even when some say that you get a bigger FOV than the scoped SAW.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #20
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Quote:
This can easily "solved" by a mice with adjustable sensitivity like my G9...
Maybe I'm strange, but I'd never change things that are not meant to be changed. I don't know how many people would use that, but I guess it's about everyone who has such a mouse, so you have a point.

Tags
lmg, powerful