project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
Polypythates

Default A thing about Littlebirds

I have noticed with 0.86 that the Littlebirds on Muttrah only spawn once at the start. These are probably the most useful vehicles on the map. The main problem I have found with this is that inexperiences pilots often take a Littlebird at the start and immediately tumble it off the carrier. Sadly, I am not very capable at flying Hueys, so these small helicopters are a lifeline. All I'm saying is that Muttrah was more enjoyable when they respawned.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
arjan

Default Re: A thing about Littlebirds

Becouse you cant fly a heuy, you want more littlebirds?
1; practice the huey
2l dont crash the LB (jk)

Altough i think theirs to much choppers allready!

Ingame name: [TP]A.Behr
Old 09-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
Herbiie

Muttrah has FAR too many Helicopters as it is... they are a drain on tickets, making them respawn would just waste more tickets.

For E.g.:
3 Dead heuys o.0 - Xfire Video

That's 15 tickets + whoever was inside...

So I don't think we should add more via respawn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Littlebird =
6 man transport - can't carry a full squad unless the pilot is part of the squad
can't drop supplies
passengers are exposed on teh side to enemy fire

Huey =
8 man transport
drops supplies
passengers are inside

if a LB pilot offers me a lift, and a huey offers me a lift....guess which one I'd choose?

LBs are useless to teh infantry squad leader

Old 09-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

I agree whole heartedly with Rudd, LBs are tiny metal deathtraps that die from like five .50 cal rounds and have no supplies. I really can't think of a situation where they are better than hueys, it seems only 'leet snipers' use them.

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Old 09-04-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
Supporting Member

If they added collison meshes to the rotor blades, then the LB might have a use, but right now, the huey is superior to the LB. It even flies faster.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #7
Fatal-M

I agree with Dr2B Rudd but its not that useless , LB's can perform insertions faster and still make drop off's at places the huey cant .. think about it
Old 09-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #8
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Rush View Post
I agree with Dr2B Rudd but its not that useless , LB's can perform insertions faster and still make drop off's at places the huey cant .. think about it
well actually the huey is faster than the LB

the LB is indeed better at inserting on mountain tops etc, as its not as sensitive at the controls. But a good huey pilot can still do it (I can still do it, and I aint even that good. I actually wanted to tell the sniper to naf off and walk from a safe LZ...but I was feeling risky that day )

But I have yet to find a rooftop the Huey can't go. If it can't safely land on it, it can usually safely hover above at a stafe alt so the guys can jump without getting hurt.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #9
Polypythates

I just find them a little too sensitive. Maybe if there was one less Huey and only one Littlebird respawned...

It was flying the Littlebird for fast insertions on that map which made it for me and it hasn't been the same since. Oh well, time to move on I guess.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #10
Celestial1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
the LB is indeed better at inserting on mountain tops etc, as its not as sensitive at the controls. But a good huey pilot can still do it (I can still do it, and I aint even that good. I actually wanted to tell the sniper to naf off and walk from a safe LZ...but I was feeling risky that day )

But I have yet to find a rooftop the Huey can't go. If it can't safely land on it, it can usually safely hover above at a stafe alt so the guys can jump without getting hurt.
The huey is an artists tool; make small strokes, not big ones, and you'll get what you want out of it.

I've managed to fit the Huey on rooftops that other LB pilots couldn't reach, and also land and hold steady on the angled roof at docks for about 3 seconds before lifting back off. In combat, dropping off a squad on the roof, by the way; not just showing off.

It's all about knowing your machine and pushing it's buttons in just the right way.

Tags
littlebirds, thing