project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
23 Sep 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 09:40 AM   #41
BulletFizz
Supporting Member

Default Re: Deviation Issues and firefights

Well scopes are horrible in close quarters, thats why I normally always go ironsight, still see people go scope even in jungle areas and so on. Ironsights is very underrated tbh.

to add a thing: Have always been thinking a little deviation meter should be added in bottom screen, when aiming. If you check out FH2's bren gun you will see what I mean. have been suggested put what are people saying about it.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:02 AM   #42
Deer
Retired PR Developer

One thing PR is missing for sure related to deviation, aiming, surpressive fire, weapon handling is that in PR we only use standard way to handle your weapon and aim with it. While in real life troops that are deployed into urban enviorement are trained with urban weaponhandling tactics.

While in stantard weaponhandling you put your rifle against your shoulder when you shoot and you cant really run aim and shoot at the same time very accurately. But in urban weaponhandling you put your rifle against your chest, not shoulder, you keep your rifle up at any times and you will all the time point the rifle exactly there where you are looking at, so your rifle + body moves with your eyes, even while you reload you are aiming forward ready to shoot the last bullet in the rifle without magazine in it.

You are able to run quite fast and shoot very accurately at the same time, your reaction time to return fire is very very fast. Negative side is that you need quite flat enviorement under your feets, that is why this tactic is not being used in non urban enviorement but in cities its great infantry tactic.

In PR it would mean that you would be able to aim in ironsight mode and run at around 50% speed and hit your targets quite accurately at the same time.
Last edited by Deer; 08-25-2009 at 05:20 AM..
Old 08-25-2009, 10:39 PM   #43
Salmonella

in bf2142 the weapons have a nice sway effect, the sight swings over the target, but when you shot the realy go where you was aiming.

I don´t know if its possible to import these features to the PR, since bf2142 its almost a BF2 mod, there must to be a way to go trough
Old 08-26-2009, 05:05 AM   #44
Qwerty1216

I think people forget that after running 500M with 100 pounds of gear you cant just pull up your rifle and hit every shot right away.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:02 PM   #45
McBumLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty1216 View Post
I think people forget that after running 500M with 100 pounds of gear you cant just pull up your rifle and hit every shot right away.
However you've got the same deviation shooting like that as you do while walking in CQC.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Backup Irons/Irons/Red dots should have an animation of them sighting in while walking, and walking has to be reduced to a room-toroom walking speed (rather than the current constant speed-jog), and the sprint needs to be made limitless and reduced to the current speed-jog of PR (Aka "walking" speed).

Ofcourse, moving with sights up will be super-slow, so it'll be even more suggsting to place your shots and settle when you have them up. But what would the difference be with iron sights if they are sighted in anyways whilst walking? A small, ~1.2-1.5 zoom to allow for eye focus and screen resolution would be in order.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #46
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Deer View Post
While in stantard weaponhandling you put your rifle against your shoulder when you shoot and you cant really run aim and shoot at the same time very accurately. But in urban weaponhandling you put your rifle against your chest, not shoulder, you keep your rifle up at any times and you will all the time point the rifle exactly there where you are looking at, so your rifle + body moves with your eyes, even while you reload you are aiming forward ready to shoot the last bullet in the rifle without magazine in it.
We were taught shoulder still, and just move your body with your head/eyes and that's for any movement not just for room clearance. For reloading you Shout "MAGAZINE" and drop while your mate (who's behind you) opens up into any enemies there might be around. Also that sounds stupid. The kick of the rifle would smash into your chest, which would cause the rifle to jerk upwards violently rather than the slight raise from the shoulder. There's no reason to keep it on your chest, it would just cause more pain and uncomfort and make then weapon less accurate (can't look down sights).

personally I've never had a problem with room clearance, I rarely even bother aiming (especially if I have Acog, which I usually don't) and if I do i'm so close that the deviation doesn't matter because every bullet hits the target. as does every bullet of my mate next to me

Old 08-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #47
TheLean
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman51=US= View Post
i was going to suggest this butdont know if its a good enough fix:

Right now for every second you wait your deviation goes down a certain amount, the same amount every second.

Well i was thinking (if not hard coded) that for a specific second, it goes down a set amount.

So for example, if you wait 1 seconds your deviation will go down ALOT, for CQB, but not enough for long range shots,2 seconds your deviation will improove a little, 3 seconds just a little bit more, and a 4 seconds your at minimum deviation. Just so its not the same amount of deviation for wach second. I want it so if you wait one second, that god enough for short range but will still suck at long range.

this drawing is a little exagerated,but i think you get what i mean

This is a great idea. Some people say exponential deviation versus time is impossible but it would be good to hear it from a coder or someone that knows for sure.

Another suggestion is to make all rifles have the option of similar mode like the undeployed but aimed in mode of the new LMG´s, which is accurate in CQB but pretty useless at longer ranges.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #48
Apotheosis

I'll admit that, despite understanding the concept of deviation, its pretty darn annoying! It's not difficult to make it a habit of compensating when aiming down the sight, but I agree with the idea of some kind of visual cue that lets me know just how accurate my shot will be, to make up for the lack of weapon swaying in the battlefield engine. Seeing this foible come to a compromise in any way would be great.

The game is still loads of fun regardless. Thanks for the great game.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:23 AM   #49
Deathangel_321boom

mm necroposting
I like the idea of bringing the sights up more slowly or on a delay, and having slightly less deviation once they're up myself. Exponential also sounds decent as after 2 seconds you could be fairly accurate whereas a long shot you will still leave it the full 5 seconds or so.
But seems like mods/devs have decided this discussion over deviation is futile, if Id read the same number of posts on it they have Id be bored of it too. Its not as if the game is broken.

Ingame alias =dom=FISHya

“Sorry, mate, fucked with the wrong platoon didn’t you.” Fitzy (in sniper one)

"1, 2, 3, 4, I LOVE MARINE CORPS! 5, 6, 7, 8, Let's go kill then masturbate!"
-JP*wasteland.soldier
Old 09-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #50
TmanEd

I think it needs to be made smaller. If I can't sight in and hit someone who's a few meters away, then there's something wrong. I shouldn't have to aim for 5 seconds to hit someone who's only a short distance away.

Tags
deviance, deviation, firefights, issues