project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
25 Sep 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #31
Conman51

Default Re: Deviation Issues and firefights

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaiex View Post
I think the cone should be smaller. Keep the time it takes to get minimum deviation, but reduce the initial amount. Difference will be that you will be able to put down some almost decent suppressive fire without having to stand still for half an hour.

i like it

i like it alot!

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Old 07-23-2009, 11:36 PM   #32
ChiefRyza

Over time I'm quite sure a balance will be found between making a realistic firefight and a deviation system that doesn't make the game feel like counterstrike. People think that they should be able to kill something instantly because their crosshair is on it - I wouldn't be playing this mod if that were so. Sure, the system needs tuning, for example a smaller maximum cone so that bullets arn't being sent on deep space recon missions, but also a cone where people can't kill everything they point at (removing any benefits of being crouched, proned and on defensive for example).

Current project: Operation Tempest
Old 07-23-2009, 11:48 PM   #33
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRyza View Post
Over time I'm quite sure a balance will be found between making a realistic firefight and a deviation system that doesn't make the game feel like counterstrike. People think that they should be able to kill something instantly because their crosshair is on it - I wouldn't be playing this mod if that were so. Sure, the system needs tuning, for example a smaller maximum cone so that bullets arn't being sent on deep space recon missions, but also a cone where people can't kill everything they point at (removing any benefits of being crouched, proned and on defensive for example).
have you read anything in the rest of this thread other than the first post?

edit: or the second post?

=/

we had an idea of instead of it being reduced by a simple number, it reduces in half each time, thus standing still for a second at least allows the REMOTE chance of you hitting them, and standing still for 3 seconds allows fora relative chance of you either hitting or missing them. =) It helps with CQC, but still allows for a bit of error from longer range =3

[url="http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
Old 07-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #34
Qaiex

It's better if the decrease is exponential.
Fast at first and then slower the closer you get to minimum deviation.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:32 AM   #35
Conman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaiex View Post
It's better if the decrease is exponential.
Fast at first and then slower the closer you get to minimum deviation.
yea thats what i tried to demonstrate with my epic paint skills, but i didnt do that too well

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Old 07-24-2009, 01:19 AM   #36
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

that's if it's possible... =/

[url="http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
Old 07-24-2009, 02:05 AM   #37
Th3Exiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumFox View Post
that's if it's possible... =/
Impossible, it decreases by a set amount every frame (I know what I said is simplified but I don't feel like explaining it). What I don't like (other than prone being > everything else in most circumstances) is that the deviation of firing is the same as the deviation of moving. The firedev modifier should be smaller than the movedev modifier.

Exiled
Old 07-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #38
McBumLuv

Yer, exponential deviation would be a much better system than it is now, but I believe it only works linearly.

As for CQC, I find the fire devation while moving is attrocious, and I"d much rather see an animation lifting the sights up while walking (which would replace the current jog as default) and the sprint be given a slightly faster-than-jogging pace, but around infinite stamina.

That would require work, though, to do all the nimations, and the general philsophy around that and suggestions is to do it yourself... unless Chuck is willing

However, I am not sure if it's possible, but I would really like to see maximum deviation reduced when "walking", so that it's possible to fire at a person 15 feet away from you and hit them, rather than alert them and they spin around and shoot you because they weren't moving. I'm not sure if it's possible to make the deviation reset greater for when sprinting than with walking, though.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:33 AM   #39
D2v0n279

I disagree. I think it's fine, and lazor forget about it. I'm tired of playing those "Realistic" games in which you fire first to win. I think it stays and it is just fixed or tweaked a bit.

Now. What REALLY ticks me off is when you think you have someone and they spring and prone just intime so the hit boxes do not count. That what tick me?
Old 08-24-2009, 07:31 AM   #40
Herbiie

Out of interest, what shooting experience does the OP have? Or anyone who dislikes the deviation.

It doesn't take 1 second to fire accurately. Not to be big headed or anything, I am a fairly good shot. I always hit the circle in the middle during march and shoot (march and shoot is a 200m sprint followed by firing at a target first to hit it wins).

I can tell you now that you have to control your breathing, you have to adjust your position, even if you are aiming directly at the target there's no guarantee that your aim won't shift as you fire, unless your body is in the right position. To do an accurate shot, even 5 seconds is pretty quick. Less than 5? Impossible, even without the sprint, you need to adjust your body position and the like, otherwise you will completely miss the target. After the first shot however - your body position is fine (as long as you hit ) and so the shots after will be on target.

Over all the 5 second delay is very realistic, in my honest opinion. Therefore I do not think that any change is needed, and the Dev's time is better spent elsewhere.

Tags
deviance, deviation, firefights, issues