project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
24 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #21
McBumLuv

Default Re: Deviation Issues and firefights

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead View Post
I dont mean to sound rude, but are you a spokesman for the dev team? I dont think anyone from the dev team has posted that the team has decided to not use realistic ballistics, correct me if Im wrong though.

PR Team is obviously very interested in making weapon behavior as realistic as possible within the confines of the engine, not sure where you getting your info from McLuv.
I'm getting my information from the fact that: 1) ballistics aren't possible with alternating tracer rounds and true flight mechanics, and 2) while they have been available for some time, they have yet to be implemented.

While it may be the intentions to eventually introduce them, or test with them, nothing has shown that this is the case.

Then, referring to Zangoo's thread, which had started around a year ago, you can see Jaymz post this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV
Jaymz]One of two things really needs to happen before we can incorporate this into PR...

1. A way to make tracers use your ballistics

or

2. A way to make intervals for new tracers
So all observable information points to ballistics not being incorporated into PR in the BF2 engine. Doesn't mean that this won't change, but unless something else is said on the behalf of the Dev team then I will continue to go with that guess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:13 PM   #22
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariospeedwagen View Post
I agree something needs to be done about the deviation. Firefights are ridiculously frustrating and unsatisfying. We complain about helo/jet/armor whores but can we really blame them?
i'm not complaining about firefights. Firefights are super fun.

I just don't like it when I can get the jump on some guy and shoot at him for 4-5 seconds without him dying. He didn't notice me, which was good, but still.. i let out an entire clip, staring right at him, and i only moved a little to keep him in my sight line...

Old 07-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #23
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumFox View Post
i'm not complaining about firefights. Firefights are super fun.

I just don't like it when I can get the jump on some guy and shoot at him for 4-5 seconds without him dying. He didn't notice me, which was good, but still.. i let out an entire clip, staring right at him, and i only moved a little to keep him in my sight line...
a hole clip in 5 seconds? thats your problem. and if its in CQB, then your the problem.

i believe the current deviation settings are near perfect.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #24
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Zangoos ballistics definitely needed improvements, was far from ideal setup, but that dont mean progress wont or has not been made.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #25
Qaiex

I think the cone should be smaller. Keep the time it takes to get minimum deviation, but reduce the initial amount. Difference will be that you will be able to put down some almost decent suppressive fire without having to stand still for half an hour.

Using this picture Conman posted as an example, even if we removed the 0 seconds and even 1 second deviation angles, you still wouldn't be able to hit anyone at distances over 20 meters without waiting for deviation to settle, but in CQB you would be able to fire in a general direction without hitting the ground between your feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman51=US= View Post

Old 07-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #26
AirborneForever

Don't like it, make your own mod.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:36 AM   #27
Qaiex

Wow, awesome attitude.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:42 AM   #28
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

if everyone had that attitude, no one would be playing PR.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:56 AM   #29
Sirex[SWE][MoW]

I like the declining deviation solution. Makes much better gameplay.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #30
McBumLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead View Post
Zangoos ballistics definitely needed improvements, was far from ideal setup, but that dont mean progress wont or has not been made.
Is that a definite comment that they will be included in 0.9 or a version of Pr on the BF2 engine? Because that would shut me up happily

Tags
deviance, deviation, firefights, issues