project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 11:44 PM   #11
Qaiex

Default Re: Deviation Issues and firefights

Show him the video of the US squad being pinned down for half an hour by the lone sniper and have to call in tanks to deal with him.

If one guy is enough to make soldiers keep their heads down and call for backup IRL, it should be the same in PR.
You're not supposed to be able to win against someone who is waiting for you. You're supposed to take cover, smoke it and flank around.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:08 AM   #12
Sirex[SWE][MoW]

IRL this isn't a problem because you are moving with 6-11 men beside you in your group and 25-45 people in the platoon that will open fire and thus everyone in the platoon individual fire will give every individual time to take aim.

And if you are the one that are suppressed you should ask someone to flank or getting a big simultaneous fire opening from your squad, or use smoke.

In short IRL fights are almost never between individuals thus since this is a game it better that it is balanced from group combat then individual combat.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:13 AM   #13
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuv
the development team is uninterested in them, prehaps because of their minute drawback.
I dont mean to sound rude, but are you a spokesman for the dev team? I dont think anyone from the dev team has posted that the team has decided to not use realistic ballistics, correct me if Im wrong though.

PR Team is obviously very interested in making weapon behavior as realistic as possible within the confines of the engine, not sure where you getting your info from McLuv.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:28 AM   #14
The_Force_Majeure

I personally would like to see the discontinue of the deviation system. I have read and understood all the reasons why the deviation is used, but in the end its simply unrealistic. If a soldier looks down his ACOG at any time, the bullet is more or less going to go exactly on the aimpoint in 1 second, 5 seconds, or 2 minutes. In PR .86 thats not the case. Too many times have I been ambushed, wait for the ACOG to come up, and shoot and miss only to get sniped out by an AK47 when I possess one of the most accurate rifles in the world.

Now if I don't like the deviation system, I owe everybody a solution to it. I propose to replace the deviation system with something that is realistic, a longer "hip to scoped view" time for all sights, including ACOG's, Red Dots, and iron sights. At the current hip/scope time for ironsight and red dot rifles, I could throw the rifle in the air its so fast! The time between hip and scope is essentially instant, which is unrealistic.

So what about deviation? Let's get rid of deviation all together. The replacement: increase "hip to scoped" times for all rifles as a substitute for the time needed in scope to shoot accurately in .86. This would be realistic in all combat cases (sprint to prone, shoot; sprint to aim, shoot; etc.)

I'm writing this just because I want to hit something when I bring up sights, period. I understand the deviation system but after analysis its just too unrealistic to have bullets fly away from the aimpoint and then after 3 seconds be perfect some how.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #15
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Force_Majeure View Post
longer "hip to scoped view" time for all sights
it was done in 0.8 with a major change in deviation system, in that times forum was full of "wtf, why i am aiming so slow", "why i cant hit shyte" etc. people were complaining a lot, like always
current deviation is nearly perfect, maybe needs some decrease in max deviation for some weapons, future development of it should go in some other way(ballistics with very little deviation) but hey, thats only my opinion

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
Old 07-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #16
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

i personally only hate the fact that when i shoot at someone 3 feet from me from above I hit everything BUT them... I was on a small incline in a field on Qwai, I opened up on a guy, standing still, and was trying to hit him before he got our rally and killed my squad mate. I crouched, stared right at the guy, and all my bullets hit in a circle around him. Literally 1 meter away from me...... from long range the deviation is fine.... i understand it... but...

i guess i should've used a knife in that situation....

[url="http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
Old 07-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #17
Conman51

i was going to suggest this butdont know if its a good enough fix:

Right now for every second you wait your deviation goes down a certain amount, the same amount every second.

Well i was thinking (if not hard coded) that for a specific second, it goes down a set amount.

So for example, if you wait 1 seconds your deviation will go down ALOT, for CQB, but not enough for long range shots,2 seconds your deviation will improove a little, 3 seconds just a little bit more, and a 4 seconds your at minimum deviation. Just so its not the same amount of deviation for wach second. I want it so if you wait one second, that god enough for short range but will still suck at long range.

this drawing is a little exagerated,but i think you get what i mean

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Old 07-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #18
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

o.o so what you're saying is it goes down... like... in an opposite of an exponential manner? Like... a half each time?

=3

[url="http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f112-pr-bf2-tales-front/91678-universal-teamwork-oriented-player-tag.html"]
Old 07-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #19
Conman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumFox View Post
o.o so what you're saying is it goes down... like... in an opposite of an exponential manner? Like... a half each time?

=3
yea i guess so it gets halved for each second you wait in stead of 1 seocnd- reduce .34 or something
it just gets halved

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Old 07-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #20
Mariospeedwagen

I agree something needs to be done about the deviation. Firefights are ridiculously frustrating and unsatisfying. We complain about helo/jet/armor whores but can we really blame them?

Tags
deviance, deviation, firefights, issues