project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
26 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 03:59 AM   #121
maarit
Supporting Member

Default Re: Deviation Issues and firefights

i think that deviation should be decreased cos it would bring back good longrange firefights.
its normal to see ingame firefights,that are so close that you could just hit the knife.
no one wanna anymore shoot at longrange cos you miss the shot.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:50 AM   #122
Primer_.5ocal

Alright, so I wanted to put this on the PR suggestion board, but i dont have enough posts so im just going to say it here. I have not read everything that you guys have said so I don't know if someone mentioned anything like this or not. I love playing this game because I like the concept of it revolving around teamwork, but the aiming and deviation in the rifles is just ridiculous. At least when shooting at close targets (-200m). It is very hard to hit anybody far away in this game, which is obviously just like real life, but when much closer to your target it doesnt feel right. I understand how the deviation works (ive seen this video guide on youtube about it) but it just doesnt reflect realistic shooting. When a target pops up infront of you in real life you dont have to wait 3 or 4 seconds to steady your weapon, as the game depicts it. 1 or 2 seconds is more ideal. Also with the machine guns, example the SAW, you must wait a good 3 seconds before you can even shoot straight. If you try to shoot right away your rounds just go all over the place like crazy. The weapon has a bi-pod, so I dont understand why they made it do this. To actually shoot inaccurate with a bi-pod when first looking down your sights is actually kinda hard. An alternative for this waiting time for deviation, which I feel would be more realistic, would be it going off of your sprint bar. When the bar is full your character has more energy and when empty they have none and must walk not run. Making your shooting go off of this would makes more sense I believe. When the bar is full you would be able to shoot very well and the smaller the bar gets the worse your shots get because everyone knows that when you run alot and move around you start to breath harder and heavier. Breathing is what is key to shooting. Harder heavier breathing = worse shots. If your bar is pretty much gone you would just shoot like crap and have to rest for abit. This is what I think would be more a realistic approuch to marskmanship in the game when considering rifleman and machine gunners.

If PR is looking for the ultimate realistic gaming experience I believe this would help. Also some of the weapon handeling drills that the characters do are not correct, if PR really cares or not idk :P

My experience with this kinds of things has comes from using some of the weapons on the American side in real life frequently, so I know what they are actually capable of. This is just something that has always bugging me and I felt like talking about it. Whether anyone actually cares I dont know, but give me your feed back on it I'd like to hear.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:55 AM   #123
[R-DEV]J.F.Leusch69
PR:BF2 Developer

Welcome Primer .5ocal to the Project Reality forum!

i will qute jaymz here and would like to point you to this thread where most stuff should be explained why the current system is in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
If we could have....

1. A sway system designed around each and every stance that reacts to stamina, movement and weapon transitions.

2. A free-aim sighting system that doesn't mechanically attach your rifle to your cheek and perfectly stabilize itself while allowing you to rotate 180-360 degrees in a matter of milliseconds. Even while you're prone! Segue to points 3 and 4...

3. A system where no form of turning speed is only limited by the dpi of your mouse and where each stance has it's own turning speed.

4. 1st person movement animations for all stances.

5. A stamina system that effects accuracy.

6. A realistic ballistics model where the travel path of a rifle round is not a straight line.

7. A system where a soldiers weapon isn't always in the hip/ready position.

8. A weapon collision system.

...all of those features (and I mean all). Then all we'd have to do is plug in factory MoA settings or marksmanship qualification groupings and we'd be good to go.

But we don't, I'm sorry. This is BF2.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #124
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primer_.5ocal View Post
. When a target pops up infront of you in real life you dont have to wait 3 or 4 seconds to steady your weapon, as the game depicts it. 1 or 2 seconds is more ideal.
1 or 2 seconds at what range? if you where walking and you saw a target pop up at 250m, could u hit it in 1 or 2 seconds? i doubt it. the 3-4 seconds in PR which everyone quotes is for long range, at closer range you don't have to wait as long.

as for the SAWs , they are already the best guns in the game by FAR, can you imagine if people could just hit prone and instantly fire with accuracy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #125
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primer_.5ocal View Post
When a target pops up infront of you in real life you dont have to wait 3 or 4 seconds to steady your weapon, as the game depicts it. 1 or 2 seconds is more ideal.

If PR is looking for the ultimate realistic gaming experience I believe this would help.

These are the bits I wanted to pick out:

For the First one: 1 or 2 seconds to Stop, Aim correctly, Close your eyes drop your aim and bring your aim back up, change stance accordingly, then control your breathing and fire. Good Luck with that - even 3 - 4 seconds is lenient for the accuracy you get. In fact being able to fire with some pretty crap accuracy or wait until you have gone through some basic drills to get your shot perfect seems pretty realistic imho.

Second one: It's in the BF2 Engine, and is a game. If you want Ultimate realism head towards your Armed Forces Career Office. PR is supposed to be a mix of reality and gameplay.

Tags
deviance, deviation, firefights, issues