project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
25 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2009, 02:27 PM   #11
Wellink

Default Re: 0.86 RPG changes

RPGs are useless now vs any form of infantry, it can land mere meters away from you and you wont get hurt. Its still decent vs close by verhicles but I do think its nerfed to much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thanks Dennis for making this sig!
Old 06-27-2009, 04:51 AM   #12
OriginalWarrior

Which is insane! Rpg are very deadly to infantry IRL and IMO the RPG should stay at 10m blast radius, and the conventional armies stay at 8m. .856 had the LAT system as close to realism as ive seen throughout the PR life span
Old 06-27-2009, 05:20 AM   #13
TempesT
Supporting Member

The RPGs damage was increased. At least that was my impression when I picked it up in .86.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:51 AM   #14
Terry Tibbs

Yesterday on Basrah, I fired my RPG at a British guy with an insurgent AK kit. He was standing right on the edge of the demolished small building, on the other side of the road of the construction site to the south, by the main crossroads. I was standing diagonally on the other edge of the same building, and from that very short distance my RPG hit him straight in the shins. The Brit soldier, then proceeded to raise his rifle and gun me down with a short burst.

I must admit, it was so utterly ridiculous that I just sat there and lol'd. This isn't my only experience of how useless the RPG kit has become, for anything except anti-vehicle combat, but's certainly the most extreme yet.

I walk around with my knife out most of the time now with the RPG kit, until I hear or get report of an enemy vehicle. It's no better than the stones they give you, for taking out infantry.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #15
jag566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Tibbs View Post
Yesterday on Basrah, I fired my RPG at a British guy with an insurgent AK kit. He was standing right on the edge of the demolished small building, on the other side of the road of the construction site to the south, by the main crossroads. I was standing diagonally on the other edge of the same building, and from that very short distance my RPG hit him straight in the shins. The Brit soldier, then proceeded to raise his rifle and gun me down with a short burst.

I must admit, it was so utterly ridiculous that I just sat there and lol'd. This isn't my only experience of how useless the RPG kit has become, for anything except anti-vehicle combat, but's certainly the most extreme yet.

I walk around with my knife out most of the time now with the RPG kit, until I hear or get report of an enemy vehicle. It's no better than the stones they give you, for taking out infantry.
ya i know what you mean...a couple nights ago on chicago insurgency i fired my rpg at a group of brits on a rooftop...didnt even phase them...they just turned around and started shooting in my general direction...RPG is pretty useless agaist inf now...so to fix this ive stopped firing at inf with the rpg(let my squadmates take care of bluefor inf and i just concentrate on bluefor armor and FB's)
...also with the increased number of rpgs on the map i cant really complain because firefights and ambushs have become a lot more fun with all the rpgs flying around
Old 06-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #16
Meza82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellink View Post
RPGs are useless now vs any form of infantry, it can land mere meters away from you and you wont get hurt. Its still decent vs close by verhicles but I do think its nerfed to much.
word.
unfortunately the RPG, one of the key INS/Taliban weapons has been nerfed. a blufor grenade i think will do more splash damage than an RPG.
the decreased accuracy and increased devaition time i can deal with, but decreased splash damage too?!?!?? y, o y, devs?!?!

i imagine blufor INF saying: "RPG shooting from that building second floor. this will be easy."

Violence is power
In .308 we trust
Old 07-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #17
ma21212
Supporting Member

dude they took a huge blow. i was on mestinia (place were the arty canon is) and had a RPG. as i walk away from the RP someone with AR saw me and engaged so i jump into a ditch and fire a roket at his positon (he was behind a tree and to his bak was a small hill) well the first roket did nothing so he kept shooting, i shoot the second roket which also did little damage (and im 100% postive both hit the hill directly behind him). what the 2 rokets did was give me time to run up to him with the skorpion and finish him off (b/c of the suppresion effect i assume) .....thats not how its supose to work. (all this happend probably around 15 meters so RPG was somewat accurate)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:12 AM   #18
Leeu
Banned

Utter BS. I think the DEVs got RPG whored one too many times and now the RPG's nerfed - along with all the other INS weapons, backed up by a boat load of "justification" as to why it was done.

I can't wait to see what happens in the next patch. Another major fu**up like 0.86 and I'm saying goodbye to PR untill it gets fixed - I play PR because its PR, not because I wanna have an ARMA experience (don't even get me started on the M249 "Lazer" Elcan scope changes, christ) and by the smell of 0.86, PR is being turned into ARMA.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #19
McBumLuv

Guys, the RPG changes are good. I'm not impartial to the settle time, and the deviation is just right IMO.

The only problem is the damage radius against infantry. The RPG is one of the greatest weapons the insurgents have to counter the coalition, both their light armour and infantry.

I'd like to see the fatal radius upped to 5 meters, and damage radius to around 10 meters due to fragmentation, and it would be perfect IMO.

But I do have to stress that the RPG should get more damage against infantry, much more. Right now it's ineffective because it has it's realistic deviation and settle time (or a work-around for the fact that you're carrying a big honking gun that doesn't have any sway whatsoever).

But otherwise it's easy.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #20
LeadMagnet
Former Testing Manager

RPG splash is being addressed in the next patch. Deviation and settle time will remain untouched so I think that will about do it for this topic.

“Without Warning, Sans Remorse”

Tags
086, rpg