project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
Cassius

Default LMG more accurate ?

There have been a lot of complaints on how the LMG is overpowered now. I was wondering, is the LMG more accurate than in 0.85, or is it just more frequently used ? I did not notice a lot of difference, except that I do not risk eye cancer when using it at long ranges.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
SXTS

Default Re: LMG more accurate ?

I only played 2 days of 0.85 but I can easily tell that this weapon has completely changed from previous versions, basically there are 4x scopes, and it has equal, if not better accuracy than a sniper which is frightening, but when you hear one firing you get your ass on the ground, it's amazing for pinning people down whilst one of your buddies runs ahead to flank them.

I guess it's both more frequently used and more powerful, because due to it being more powerful, more people use it, therefore the cycle goes on...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #3
Engineer

It is not about LMG being overpowered, it's more about other weapons lacking behind their capabilities due BF2 engine.

And it is most definately more used, as you can select it from the spawn menu.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #4
Pure_beef

I think the deviation should be decreased more on LMG, only slightly though
Old 06-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
Sgt. Mahi

The new scoped LMG should simply have slightly more recoil. That would balance it out again. But yeah the new LMG is more accurate because of the 4xscope

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Old 06-23-2009, 09:23 AM   #6
DesmoLocke

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke Send a message via Skype™ to DesmoLocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
It is not about LMG being overpowered, it's more about other weapons lacking behind their capabilities due BF2 engine.
How can you say that? It handles the AR changes very well.

I say if they are going to make one weapon realistic, then they need to make all weapons realistic. The M16 is still considered nerfed by many who have actually fired one. If you are going to do one weapon justice, then go all the way with the rest of the weapons.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #7
Cassius

Thats the thing, I can not really tell that I kill more or less with the new LMG. Therefore I was wondering if accuracy has been increased or just a scope been added.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Old 06-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #8
Sgt. Mahi

I'm pretty sure it's just the scope that's been added but don't take my word for it..

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Old 06-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #9
Engineer

DesmoLocke, you can shoot accurately with the LMG to the edge of your view distance. Same thing goes with any scoped weaponry, such as sniper rifles which should be the ultimate long distance weapon.

I dont know, but I see this being a problem where every weapon is similar with their effective firing ranges. I believe when people say it is good and realistic as it is now from MG's point of view, I have no complaints about that. But I still find this a bit odd.

We had the same discussion with 'normal' scopes and sniper scopes in earlier release, now a new toy just joined in.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #10
Spartan0189

Send a message via AIM to Spartan0189 Send a message via MSN to Spartan0189

I'm not sure of it being more accurate, it just has a farther range of sight then the one in .85.
But a lot more used since its selectable in the spawn screen.

Tags
accurate, lmg