project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
26 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #31
burghUK

Default Re: The benefits of the scoped LMG's

Quote:
Originally Posted by flem615 View Post
I think that scopes take away from what the AR is designed to do. Itstead of firing controlled bursts to supress the enemy, players are now using it as a rifle. I think the DEVs need to take off the scope and just use the ironsight zoom
So you want them to change something completely perfect and turn it into something with barely any visibility and completely useless.

If I don't make it , tell my wife i said "hello".
Old 07-19-2009, 11:35 PM   #32
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clypp View Post
Yeah, that's a big problem, it should be solved by removing the ability to pickup enemy kits.
thats crappy.....

I once was down in the middle of muttrah, in a pilot kit, survived....

Surrounded, one of my squadmates managed to get to me and killed an officer who was chasing me and shooting at me... i grabbed his kit and had a super fun time running out to the docks (from the middle of the city) to get evac'd so i could get a hold of a kit that was useful.....

=/ Picking up enemy kits are sometimes a necessity... sorry to say...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:45 AM   #33
RHYS4190

i don't know what every ones problem with the kit is there not dominating the game,
Old 07-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #34
flem615

Quote:
Originally Posted by crAck_sh0t View Post
So you want them to change something completely perfect and turn it into something with barely any visibility and completely useless.
no. i dont mind if they change it or not. i just think it takes away from what an SAW, or any other support weapon is supposed to do. SUPPORT. if everyone has scopes, then it justs turns into a headshot war, regardless of weapon type. think about it, they slapped a scope on a .50 caliber rifle, a weapon originally designed as an infantry heavy support weapon. now this is different because the main .50 caliber weapon, the M2 machine gun, still is an infantry support weapon. i think that the DEVs should make it so that you can choose between a scope and zoomed ironsights, like they do with the riflemen classes.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #35
Panzeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by flem615 View Post
no. i dont mind if they change it or not. i just think it takes away from what an SAW, or any other support weapon is supposed to do. SUPPORT. if everyone has scopes, then it justs turns into a headshot war, regardless of weapon type. think about it, they slapped a scope on a .50 caliber rifle, a weapon originally designed as an infantry heavy support weapon. now this is different because the main .50 caliber weapon, the M2 machine gun, still is an infantry support weapon. i think that the DEVs should make it so that you can choose between a scope and zoomed ironsights, like they do with the riflemen classes.
Unfortunately unscoped LMGs really don't have the accuracy to scare players and engage at the advantageous range.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #36
cyberzomby

I have to agree with the rest, Flem. They tried it without scopes and that did not work. This works, because they are full-automatic sniper rifles. You fear them! If you get sniped by one, it sucks for you, but its an AR kit used wrong, so good for your team. One less to worry about!
Old 07-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #37
Alex6714

Best change in a while. Apart from the sounds.

At last people get their heads down when shot at.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Old 07-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #38
K4153R_J03

I agree, it's more used for suppressing now. But you still get those ignorant few who think it's like the PKM in vBF2, and just want to kill kill kill.

But when you get those squads of infantry together who know what they are doing, it's a tool of war.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #39
SprintJack
Supporting Member

I mostly like it. But sometimes is realy funny see what can happen with this ingame.
This happen to me yesterday.

Guy got shot at street in Mutrah.
SL: From where that came from?
SM: From hills, NW (it was about 400m away)
SL: Oh Sniper, marsman?
SM: AR...

Old 07-22-2009, 02:11 AM   #40
flickflackingfligger

this weapon is extremely effective and if a squad comes under fire, they ought hurry the hell up and ouflank it. the SAW has no mercy and just rains hell

here some evidence of its devastation

-cya you on the field

"My gosh, zee germans'r coming!"

Tags
benefits, fire, lmg, scoped, suppression