project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
18 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
Violent_fjj
Default HMMWV's

We need the HMMWV's back. Kashan especially. Was in an Armor Battalion (1/803rd AR BN, 9th ID) a few years back, and we had just as many HMMWVs as we did M1's. 1st Sgts had one, medics had a couple, maint had a couple( those r represented well by the engineer HMMWV's). But the important point I'm getting at is that the Scout platoon had a bunch....armored w/ .50 CAL. These are very, very important to the overall deployment and funtioning of the Battalion. The LB is a poor scouting platform(how bout a Kiowa warrior w/ a mast mounted sight!!!!)....HMMWV's make the perfect disposable, high speed scouting platform. And how bout getting rid of the UAV trailers and replacing them w/ a real TOC(Tactical Op Center) made up from a couple of M577's w/ their tent extentions out!!!! But mostly, bring back the truck spawn at the F/Bs...or have them spawn frequently(HMMWV's/Vodniks/Nan-jings) at the repair depot or something...like 2 at once every 10 minutes. Thnx. Luv PR. Play on the Hardcore and GiB servers almost daily...keep up the good work.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
JoyRider

Default Re: HMMWV's

Welcome to the Forums!
Old 04-30-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
CyrusPI

So as to make that post easier to read, I shall take the liberty of adding paragraphs to make it easier to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent_fjj View Post
We need the HMMWV's back. Kashan especially. Was in an Armor Battalion (1/803rd AR BN, 9th ID) a few years back, and we had just as many HMMWVs as we did M1's. 1st Sgts had one, medics had a couple, maintenance had a couple (those are represented well by the Engineer HMMWV's).

But the important point I'm getting at is that the Scout platoon had a bunch. Armored w/ .50 CAL. These are very, very important to the overall deployment and functioning of the Battalion.

The LB is a poor scouting platform (how bout a Kiowa warrior w/ a mast mounted sight?). HMMWV's make the perfect disposable, high speed scouting platform.

And how about getting rid of the UAV trailers and replacing them w/ a real TOC(Tactical Op Center) made up from a couple of M577's w/ their tent extensions out!!!!

But mostly, bring back the truck spawn at the F/Bs...or have them spawn frequently(HMMWV's/Vodniks/Nan-jings) at the repair depot or something...like 2 at once every 10 minutes.

Thnx. Luv PR. Play on the Hardcore and GiB servers almost daily...keep up the good work.
I believe the original Vodniks and Nanjing of vanilla days are long gone in Project Reality. In time, replacements will be made that are better in every aspect (model, ability, realism). For now, the PLA/MEC must make do with the vehicles they have without a Humvee "counter-part".

Those cheap light APCs used by the MEC on maps like Ejod and Asad pit against Land Rovers and Humvees provide an off-balance fight of sorts. Asymmetrical balance can be entertaining.

I see the team are considering replacing the current Little Birds with a more fitting Kiowa from another mod, USI if I'm correct. Many mention the LBs are a little too Special Forces, and the Kiowa would be a better replacement.

Speaking of the Command Post, the UAV trailer is a stand-in model until the devs can make a nice one suitable for the mod. They mention the post now is sci-fi surreal, which is quite funny when you think about it.

Firebases spawning vehicles? I joined PR around .856, and must say seeing a Land Rover just pop up by a firebase would be odd looking. I noticed people talking about it's removal, and I think the general consensus was it's too spammy.

Having the indestructible vehicle depot spit out light vehicle after another could change how the mappers wanted the map to play out. Also, I'd imagine that would be a little spammy too.

I'd like to add to JoyRider's sentiment. Have fun, and enjoy your stay.

By trying too hard, we put ourselves at a greater risk. Don’t you think so?
L
working on a little something something
Last edited by CyrusPI; 04-30-2009 at 05:18 PM..
Old 04-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
Simmage

Send a message via MSN to Simmage

Having Vodniks, Humvee's, or Nanjings spawn at Firebases encourages some very unorthodox tactics and gameplay. The number of times I'd been run over by Vodnik rushes on Muttrah was a little absurd.

As for the Command Post; the Devs said they are going to change it when they get time, but it's not exactly high on the list of things to do, seeing as it's a graphics change that very few people will see/notice for more than 2 seconds.

Welcome to the forums

Old 04-30-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
JDMT

At first I missed HMMWV's spawning on FB's, but I got used to it(Not getting shot down on Muttrah by a Vodnik, leading more successful infantry squads).

Old 05-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
DNAz5646

id like hummers to have the auto 40mm nade launcher as well
Old 05-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
dtacs
Supporting Member

That would make sense on certain hummers, but it would make more sense to be put on a number of M1A2's with the TUSK (confirm) system.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Hi mate, welcome to the forums.

I to miss the hummers.

But, on the helicopter and tank layers on Kashan and similar maps I don't want to see the hummers back, this is cuz their survivability ingame is extremely low and will result in alot of wasted tickets without encouraging teamwork based gamplay, not to mention you will need 2 hummers per squad.

But! I would LOVE a new layer like the old kashan 16 where it was jeeps and helos, that was awesome! Though, the MEC vodnick made by DICE was a eyesore that should not be unleased upon any1's visual space.

Hopfully we'll see a slug match between the new PR vodnick (in development looked pretty much done) and R-DEV Cheeseman's up-armoured hummer (also in development...with hints of being done)

MK19 AGL is being made

TUSK M1A1 is being made by a community member

Old 07-10-2009, 06:32 AM   #9
placiddavid

How bout instead of a light armored vehicle being spawned at a firebase it gets droped from the sky with a paracute attached like a air supply drop just a thought

David
Old 07-10-2009, 06:55 AM   #10
Solid Knight

Quote:
Firebases spawning vehicles? I joined PR around .856, and must say seeing a Land Rover just pop up by a firebase would be odd looking. I noticed people talking about it's removal, and I think the general consensus was it's too spammy.
I wouldn't say spammy but people did abuse the system by building and destroying firebases to get more vehicles.

Tags
hmmwv