project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #11
gazzthompson

Default Re: Chopper blade suicide removed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuTika View Post
Sorry gazz, what do rotor blades have to do with fastropes?
the need for fastropes are so you can land in a place where your rotor blades would hit surfaces around you. with no collision mesh in bf2 you might as well just land.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #12
Cptkanito

Send a message via MSN to Cptkanito

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
the need for fastropes are so you can land in a place where your rotor blades would hit surfaces around you. with no collision mesh in bf2 you might as well just land.
I never thought of that

Old 03-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #13
StuTika

True, but I thought they were also for when the terrain is just too rough to safely land on, which I find is the case a lot of the time in PR, as the choppers I find are very twitchy about touching down on any surface which isn't completely flat and have a habit of rolling. And yes I do know about the negative throttle thing and it doesn't make them any more stable. Maybe I'm just a rubbish pilot!

Stu.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:05 AM   #14
Anhkhoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
i don't remember any collision mesh for spinning rotors in 0.5 or 0.6. prove it.
Proof

YouTube Video
Old 03-16-2009, 06:39 AM   #15
JohnTheRipper
Banned

Wait if this is about you guys be hit by the main or tail rotors then shut up because that is real a chopper rotor will fuck you up.

But if you die because you didn't touch it ok continue.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #16
CareBear

Send a message via MSN to CareBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhkhoa View Post
i can tell you now that those people werent killed by rotor blades....

Old 03-24-2009, 05:10 AM   #17
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuTika View Post
True, but I thought they were also for when the terrain is just too rough to safely land on, which I find is the case a lot of the time in PR, as the choppers I find are very twitchy about touching down on any surface which isn't completely flat and have a habit of rolling. And yes I do know about the negative throttle thing and it doesn't make them any more stable. Maybe I'm just a rubbish pilot!

Stu.
long reply, but hover. and never land on ground unless its perfectly flat.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:18 AM   #18
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

iirc the collision meshes that the DEVs tried out (but I'm sure they didn't release in a public build, and I never played with the beta build in question) lagged horribly, so they never got in.

Would be nice to see though, makes clear LZs more important

Old 04-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #19
Sniper_killer

Does the LZ means landing zone?
Old 04-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #20
CyrusPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper_killer View Post
Does the LZ means landing zone?
Yes. LZ = Landing Zone.

Saw James Bond The World is Not Enough last night, and noticed the pilot hovered instead of landing due to the heavy winds. That would explain those edgy accidents with Hueys and Lynx on the ground angling a little and chopping up everyone in its path.

By trying too hard, we put ourselves at a greater risk. Don’t you think so?
L
working on a little something something

Tags
blade, chopper, removed, suicide