project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Default INS caches should be the INS HQ

I would like to see 1 bomb car and one tech to spawn at every cache.

remove the unrealistic INS HQ and have there cars spawn at there caches This way they will use there tech as defense and not drive them aimlessly and get wasted.

thats 3 techs and 3 bomb cars on the map at anytime and maybe big red could spawn on the last cache what do you think?

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:56 AM   #2
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: INS caches should be the INS HQ

Having bomb cars spawn at every cache - overkill and if techs spawn there, someone will still car jack them.

I do agree that the whole 'insurgent main base' is kinda pointless, Insurgents/Taliban having several starting points around the map where assets could also spawn would be better, for instance on Ramiel some assets should spawn at the mosques and perhaps a spawn point at the docks could simulate new insurgents and equipment being shipped from elsewhere to there.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Old 02-22-2009, 04:48 AM   #3
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Every hideout should be a commander chair.

I disagree on the vehicle part, because it would be hard to properly spawn them in tight places like ally ways. Bombcars could also accidentally (or purposely) be used to blow the caches.

M.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Old 02-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt View Post
Every hideout should be a commander chair.

I disagree on the vehicle part, because it would be hard to properly spawn them in tight places like ally ways. Bombcars could also accidentally (or purposely) be used to blow the caches.

M.
you would just need to take your time on where the cars would spawn at any given cache.

and if someone wanted to tk the cache they would just ied it i dont see your point.

I think this would be a great way to make the INS use team work ATM all they do with there assets is waste them they try to atk INF all by them selfs with a tech that gets LAT'ed or a bomb car into a group of INF and dose not kill there medic so there all revived.

Making there items spawn on caches would make them used more as defense tools by smart squad leaders I'm not saying that every asset.

they should have a none DoD outpost type deal where there bikes and maybe a few techs spawn where there is no flag to cap this should not house anything very important.

Its a very solid idea but it would change INS as we know it this I feel will help the INS win.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
00SoldierofFortune00

I agree, that major overkill. The insurgents already have a big advantage on insurgency maps already by spawning there ahead of time.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 02-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

well I made a few threads about helping the coalition forces thought I try to make the INS more powerful as well.

Old 02-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
McBumLuv

Well, I don't think by the caches, but I do agree, the insurgent HQ thing is a stupid idea that leads to base rapping. I wouldn't mind seeing more random spawn points for the vehicles, but having them by caches poses a few problems. Some are already mentioned, but a few more include that all you need to do is find those vehicles and you've found the cache. Vehicles aren't easy to hide, remember.

They'd only be over powered on some maps that rely on vehicle scarcity for the insurgents/taliban (like Konrengal), but underpowered on others that require more vehicles (like Archer). Plus, this would also limit the mappers choice in the mater, because they wouldn't be able to determine the vehicles if it's set, though that probably wouldn't be a big problem because they could just change the vehicles spawning.

Personally, I think the Taliban should keep their "HQ" vehicle spawns, but the "Iraqi insurgents" faction, being less organised, could use random vehicle spawns not linked to the caches.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
badmojo420
Supporting Member

The problem i see is giving vehicles a random spawn would increase the networkables on the map and cause crashing again. From what i've read this is the reason they got rid of random spawn points. And if they're not going to be randomly placed, it will just hurt the INS to have to hunt down their vehicles which are spread around the map, and everyone learns exactly where they spawn.

If vehicles were spawning around the caches. Other then it would be a dead giveaway to any coalition troops, how would the system work? There are so many possible cache locations, and a lot of them do not have the area to spawn a vehicle right next to them. Or access to the road. Think about all the spots on a map like Korengal Valley. Where is the car going to spawn by the caches in the caves? Outside the cave? Where the coalition are sitting trying to get in?

I'm not exactly against this idea entirely, but i can't see how it would work better then what we have currently.

Tags
caches, ins