project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 08:31 AM   #41
Arnoldio
Banned
Default Re: [0.856] Ejod - unbalanced almost to the point of broken [Major]

Map is perfect with the current base of players...tank gets killed in the first 10 minutes because it goes to camp W of the city, maybe the BTRs are a bit too harsh but 2 LATs and he's gone. If the tank actually knows what are they doing, then its own for mec but yeah, you need organised play to really prove MEC is overpower.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:34 AM   #42
sakils2
Banned

I would like EJOD more, if there would be BMP-3 against Bradleys.

No stupid tanks and TOW HUMVEES.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:40 AM   #43
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
I would like EJOD more, if there would be BMP-3 against Bradleys.
nah, the problem with Al Kufrah is that the APCs turn in to light tanks hunting for each other with TOWs rather than transporting infantry..and TBH - thats their best bet for survival.

the 64 sized version is very hard for the US, but the 16 version (the infantry layer, not the skirmish layer) is ALOT OF FUN - one big cap radius.

IMO one of the strykers should be swapped for a bradley.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:20 AM   #44
SocketMan

Instead of swapping add a few more:2 Bradley and 2 BMP3.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #45
kingkoolkoobyak

Send a message via ICQ to kingkoolkoobyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
also, a squad leader can mark enemy tanks and apcs and let a squad mate shoot the fixed tows from the base all the way onto the marker. have done that multiple times. kinda eliminates the option of tanks camping hills etc.
yeeah... really works great when defending gas station, but even in the beginning of the map when the btr60s rush towards the big wall or the hills in the east to stop american reinforcements...u can even destroy armor standing right in the middle of the marketplace....all u need is 2 guys back at the TOWs in the mainbase and squadleader's marker on armors location....BOOOM...we been accused of cheating so often after TOW hit em hard from long range..whaah! teamplay ftw!

i dont know what to think about that new inbalance (ejod: crappy stryker vs. btr60 / towhmmv vs. t-72 / jabal and muttrah: btr60 vs. lav25 / quai: stryker vs. wuzhuang...so on)....i like it somehow, chasing a panicking stryker with ur wz551 through the gov. office village on quai or fleeing through the blocks from a crazy pyranha with ur btr60 on muttrah....really fun! all this inbalance forces the players to play on a certain team level and cooperate with antitank infantry...so all in all i think it is good that way

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #46
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

it's funner when you have to try. if the numbers are stacked to one side i always switch over if i haven't done anything significant for the current team yet. it's not fun when you always win the easy fight. I loved Qwai because it's always been pretty one sided. Usually played US and try and over come the advantages the chinese team had. If you've got a squad or 2 that are willing to spend lots of time doing nothing and just sneaking around, that's very usefull against tanks and is a great tactic in general for game play.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:56 AM   #47
FuzzySquirrel

Send a message via Skype™ to FuzzySquirrel

Bit late to post about the "Balance" any who.
Me on Mec in tank Lasted 10 minutes...

p.s Server was full b4 that map.
This was about 15 minutes of the tank...

To me that's not balance.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #48
Black Ghost89

another point is that from version to version there are less flags on the map. what is that for? we all know that you DEVs have done a awesome job with the mod itself and the plenty great maps, but why are you messing them up from time to time? there was a time i really enjoyed playing sunset city, but since 0.8 (i guess) there is just one flag left and it simply sucks, now the same is happening to ejod.
less flags > less tactics = sucks
i know its because you don't want the vanilla game type, running to each flag and moving on but if there is just 3 or even 1 left there is just no teamwork and teamtactic anymore, eyerone just lays around in the huge flagzones. i want the old map styles back, with more flags so the teammates talk to eatch other what they will do... if a map is good, just keep it like that and stop making unnecessary changes, please!

i still love you guys, though

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!
― Hunter S. Thompson
Old 03-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #49
[FIN]-=Johnny=-

What i have played "EJOD Desert", Most of the time MEC has won the round.

Weell... why?, becouse MEC had wery skill full Tank squad and BTR squad.
USMC side ppl took the H-AT kits and went somewhere to die... as usually... When the tank come's to open area.... there is no one shooting with H-AT or TOW. This is the usuall story....

But when USMC side does realise ""dark vader voice"" True power of the dar.. Kromh.... the power of tows and h-at kits.... they will win... good placing the those vehicles and kits on the map area... then will be goood fight.... not arse rape...
Old 03-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #50
SocketMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Warren View Post

BMD-2
<Note: The BMD-1 and BMD-2 are a unique variant to the BMP class of APC's. They're much smaller and also much lighter. This was done in order to allow them to be transported by air and dropped to remote locations via parachute.
This is done by many countries now,however ONLY the Russians do it with the
crew on board

Tags
broken, ejod, major, point, unbalanced