project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #31
M.Warren

Default Re: [0.856] Ejod - unbalanced almost to the point of broken [Major]

Just making this small post to clear up some of the confusion in the APC types.

BRDM
<Note: Variants include the standard BRDM with Heavy MG's. The Anti-Tank BRDM Spandrel version. Also there is the Anti-Aircraft BRDM Gaskin version.>

BTR-80
<Note: There are variants of the model from the BTR-50, BTR-60, BTR-70, BTR-80, and BTR-90. Each varies slightly and design and available armaments. This version of the BTR-80 is seen without the Kliver 30mm Turret and has added Light Anti-Tank protection cages.>

BMP-2
<Note: The BMP-1 and BMP-2 versions of APC's are not available in Project Reality.>

BMP-3
<Note: The formindable BMP-3 is seen in Project Reality unlike it's older variants the BMP-1 and BMP-2.>

BMD-2
<Note: The BMD-1 and BMD-2 are a unique variant to the BMP class of APC's. They're much smaller and also much lighter. This was done in order to allow them to be transported by air and dropped to remote locations via parachute.

However, these vehicles are available in Project Reality... As static wreck models. You may stumble across them lying about on the map "Fool's Road" and a few others.>

Take the Blue Pill or take the Red Pill?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by M.Warren; 02-21-2009 at 01:41 PM..
Old 02-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #32
Airsoft Soldier
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester

Some minor balance issues between the 2 APCs as a .50 cal can't take out a BTR head to head. Usually in the tournament or any organized battle is the best way to decide for balance. I would say it's pretty balanced and all comes down to tactics as the final score was 1-0. But the US started off with 50 more tickets, so for good balance leave the vehicles and flags alone and have more tickets for USA is my opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Airsoft Soldier; 02-24-2009 at 05:45 PM..
Old 02-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #33
Grim1316

Or they could make it so the 14.5mm round can't hurt the Stryker since it is protected against it.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:34 AM   #34
octo-crab
Banned

I think it's pretty balanced, just look at the most recent PRT battle, NATO II vs. CATA III,
C7B4
Old 02-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #35
wookimonsta
Supporting Member

to be honest, it seems to me that due to the large open area, the tank has a HUGE ADVANTAGE over the infantry.

i only ever see US win this round if enemy tanks are taken out early. when i am on mec side, i sit in tank, gunner often gets over 40 kills, with many vehicles in there as well, causing a huge ticket loss. Especially when fighting over the gas stations is the tank far superior, simply due to range.

The only way the US can get a leg up is by having the tank called out early and the humvee or AT infantry taking it out. (AT infantry is unlikely as the tank is usually far out in the open, and can repair after a hit, usually without having to worry about a second one.)

If the humvee manages to flank the enemy tank, he has got a good chance of taking it out, for some reason however, it sometimes still takes two turret TOW hits to take out a tank. I have on several occasions been standing in a tow humvee on the hills to the east of ejod city, and landed a direct hit on the turret. The tank started smoking, but was still fully operational. This means a humvee has to get in two hits, which considering the terrain is not easy to do.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:15 AM   #36
hiberNative

i made a tow-humvee squad but 2 idiots stole it and took it around east all the way to the mec base, planning to kill everything that went out of the base. they died.

the tow humvee should stay back and support. it's not a friggin mbt ;P
also, a squad leader can mark enemy tanks and apcs and let a squad mate shoot the fixed tows from the base all the way onto the marker. have done that multiple times. kinda eliminates the option of tanks camping hills etc.

-
Old 02-26-2009, 12:02 PM   #37
Sgt.Sheep

Send a message via ICQ to Sgt.Sheep

I see no problem with this map, it's good as it is IMO.

Either the TOW-Humvees rape the tank or vice versa. If the US team is unable to use the TOW-Humvee correctly it's the team's fault, not the map's.

I agree that there is a slight imbalance with the APCs, but the Strykers shouldn't be used as an offensive asset anyway.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:15 PM   #38
00SoldierofFortune00

I liked this map when it was just straight symmetrical warware that would end in a shootout across the desert from either side. IMO, just ditch the tanks and TOW humvees and have both sides just use APCs.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 03-21-2009, 02:49 AM   #39
Fess|3-5|

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Warren View Post
As much as I enjoy vehicles; everytime I see a Stryker on a map that isn't Insurgency based I'd like to beat my head against a wall. It feels like the Stryker appears on every U.S. Army map like it's going out of style. As if someone has some weird fetish with a vehicle that's almost as big of a target as a BTR-90 but possesses less than half the rated firepower of a APC should have. The Strykers implementation is highly situational to it's capabilities.

Exactly.

The Stryker that appears in game is merely one variant of several that are supposed to work in conjunction with each other.

The M2 Bradley seriously gets no credit and sadly appears on maps where it gets the least amount of use or has a limited one time spawn. I was hoping the M2 Bradley would make an honorable appearance on a map that seems to be somewhat Mechanized Infantry orientated to give it some decent recognition.

Although the HMMWV TOW is capable of being used in an aggressive manner, it's safe to assume that in a realistic manner it's true purpose is a defensive one. Due to it being no different than a regular Hummer outfitted with a serious missile platform, it's quite vulnerable in many ways. In the event that a HUMMWV TOW is pitted against a Tank or APC in a defensive manner, it should be capable of delivering a devastating blow to potentially stave off enemy threats.

In a common PR setting, I feel that HMMWV TOW's are overly used too often as primary attacking element rather than a provisional backup plan. I feel that HMMWV TOW's should be used in conjunction when stronger armored assets are available. Such as M2 Bradley's and M1A2 Abrams Tanks.

As for the moment, TOW Hummers skitter across the battlefield actively engaging targets and putting itself into harms way outside of it's practical purpose.

Sorry, but when it's used like this... It kills the atmosphere of gameplay for me.
My thoughts exactly. On Ejod, give the US Army Bradleys. If there is one map that looks made for the M2, this is it.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:25 AM   #40
Menigmand

My problem with this map is that it is a "dice throw" map - the entire round hinges on one or two vehicles.

As I'm playing on public servers, it's a matter of luck who gets to the tank/TOW HMMV first, and then it's an easy win or certain defeat after that, depending on who took out who.

Maps should be balanced so that even on public servers, there's still a chance for a comeback after initial setbacks.

Tags
broken, ejod, major, point, unbalanced