project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
17 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
masterceo

Default Re: [0.856] Ejod - unbalanced almost to the point of broken [Major]

it's usually the other way, some smacktard takes the tank and drives i into the city.
for me its good the way it is, map is asymetrical, which i appritiate. usually when i play it im in a tank, and tbh driving it isnt as easy as you all think. problem is you cant go into the city nor to the mountains on the west, that leaves you only with the east side, but it can be very easily covered from all these tall buildings in the city, 1 HAT and 1 Rifleman spec ops can disable a tank. map is fine the way it is, it forces more teamwork in teams, for US coordination between HATs and TOWs, and the MEC have to protect its tank, which is their most valuable asset.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Priby:Why cant i be norwegian?
H.sta:becouse we are a specially selected bunch of people created by god to show how awsome mankind can be
Old 02-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #12
nedlands1

I've found that an effective tactic in dealing with MEC's advancing armour is using the rear base's TOW launchers in indirect fire. All you need is a squad leader to observe and place an attack markers on the target. Once your target is lined up you merely fire your missile above the terrain and guide in down onto the marker. Last night I managed to kill a T-72 and BTR-60 in quick succession, using this tactic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #13
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]nedlands1 View Post
I've found that an effective tactic in dealing with MEC's advancing armour is using the rear base's TOW launchers in indirect fire. All you need is a squad leader to observe and place an attack markers on the target. Once your target is lined up you merely fire your missile above the terrain and guide in down onto the marker. Last night I managed to kill a T-72 and BTR-60 in quick succession, using this tactic.
I called the idea first! lol jk.

but anyways this is the best way to kill there tanks because the tank is defenseless vs 800m tow rockets (: aka you can do it with the tow hummer too tell your driver ti line you up and pop him throw the fog of war (:

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #14
SuperTimo

Send a message via MSN to SuperTimo

no dont take the tank away!!!

the balance is fine you just need a decent tow Humvee crew. i mean on our server we had a round finish 0 - 0 how balanced can you get

Old 02-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #15
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]nedlands1 View Post
Welcome to Project Reality Tournament where I almost got killed by an indirect TOW missile while driving a BTR90 in a Ejod Desert match that took place in June 2008 on 0.75

You aren't the first one to think of that

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Old 02-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #16
nedlands1

Lol, well I'd been using attack markers to guide munitions (not necessarily TOW missiles) since v0.3-0.4.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #17
GreedoNeverShot

Quote:
5. Increase the city size somewhat to allow more cover for U.S. vehicles/troops approaching from the main base.
I agree with this one the most... Part of the reason people hate Ejod so much is because its so small. Half of the city is a ruin or garden anyway, might as well expand the city.

"If you outlaw guns, only Outlaws will have guns."
Old 02-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #18
SocketMan

[0.856] Ejod - unbalanced almost to the point of broken [Major]

"Slight" exaggeration imo. Striker can be deadly on ejod and so as the TOW
Humvee.Sure MEC has the T-72: big,loud,slow and very costly (10 tickets)
when driven into the city for no reason. Ejod is like Qwai now - asymmetrically balanced.I agree on the paper MEC looks better (for once !!!) but it
still
comes down to the skill,communication and determination - whichever team has that - wins.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:36 PM   #19
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocketMan View Post
[0.856] Ejod - unbalanced almost to the point of broken [Major]

"Slight" exaggeration imo. Striker can be deadly on ejod and so as the TOW
Humvee.Sure MEC has the T-72: big,loud,slow and very costly (10 tickets)
when driven into the city for no reason. Ejod is like Qwai now - asymmetrically balanced.I agree on the paper MEC looks better (for once !!!) but it
still
comes down to the skill,communication and determination - whichever team has that - wins.
Same can be said for any map though but I do agree

Old 02-21-2009, 03:22 AM   #20
RedAlertSF

Option 8: Remove Ejod forever and never bring it back.

Seriously. This TOW vs. tank crap just doesn't work. We can already see it on Qwai as Chinese side wins like 98% of the time.

Tags
broken, ejod, major, point, unbalanced