project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Default the molotov cocktail

Yes At lest limit it and reduces its splash.

Is a known bug when you die by a molotov cocktail you are punished for suicide this is not acceptable you can not punish players for something they have no control over.

also the molotov cocktail has no use in the game anymore besides exploiting the fire threw walls you have upgraded the INS guns to the point of Run-an-Gun they are 100% better close combat and even long range there guns can hit there target at 300+ meters now.

they no longer needs this bugged Anti Inf molotov cocktail.

Your thoughts?

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:45 AM   #2
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Remove the molotov cocktail

Radius is pretty big for a coke bottle of petrol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:51 AM   #3
Zeppelin35

Just reduce the radius to about 2m-3m and problem solved. That's pretty much their effective radius in RL.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:42 AM   #4
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

You know, I'm a horrible bastard and even *I* feel bad for flaming people with the coke bottle of Satan's Delight. It's just...bad.

Also, I've noticed a bug On occasion, I will throw the bottle at around a 45* angle, and obtain a great distance thrown. It also hurts me while doing so; as if I was on fire as well.

M.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Old 02-15-2009, 04:51 AM   #5
RedAlertSF

I've always wondered why the flame just flies out of the bottle. Is it impossible to have molotov act like grenade?
Old 02-16-2009, 05:05 AM   #6
Jonathan_Archer_nx01

Uh, I've experience a total uber rainy molotov spam. Our squad got totally pwned by dozens of molotovs being thrown by a whole insurgent squad. But I liked it, don't change that.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:16 AM   #7
General_J0k3r
Send a message via ICQ to General_J0k3r

dont change it. it's balanced as it is right now.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:30 AM   #8
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_J0k3r View Post
dont change it. it's balanced as it is right now.
how is forcing a player into suicide balanced? do tell.

there is a very simple way to fix it.

Make dieing to static fire not count as a suicide boom Molov fixed but its not easy to fix it aka would be easier to just limit it to a pick up kit and give all ins one smoke/frag.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #9
Salah ad Din

Send a message via ICQ to Salah ad Din Send a message via AIM to Salah ad Din Send a message via MSN to Salah ad Din Send a message via Skype™ to Salah ad Din

hm, I guess the main problem is that Molotovs spawn those fires.

What if the molotov would spawn multiple mini-grenades during its burning duration.

Those grenades would have an extremely small radius (say, 50 cm) and do very low damage (10 hitpoints). Explosions would be soundless, instead the Molotov projectile (the one spawning the mini.grenades) gets a fire sound.
The mini-grenades would spawn randomly inside the Molotov radius, lets say 4-5 per second (I suppose the mechanics from Arty can be used for that to randomize the locations).
For optics, is it possible to have the Molotov also spawn the fire, but not have it do any damage, just for the looks?

Old 02-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #10
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

I say just use them as an "incendiary grenade" replacement for irregular forces. Small radius damage, lots of smoke, less actual flame. Something like the current incendiary.

And to take their place? I dunno...pipe bomb or something.

M.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky

Tags
cocktail, molotov, remove