project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #21
mp5punk
Banned

Default Re: Remove the molotov cocktail

yea the spread should be a bit reduced.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #22
xXRich07Xx
Banned

My favorite is having a molotov hit an APC and then having the fire following around the APC 50 feet BEHIND the vehicle.

So you have a vehicle driving around and then you have a radius of flames being dragged behind it as if it were a water skier.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #23
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

I feel like... the insurgents need more things like.. oh.. say.. suicide bomb jackets instead of molotovs. =)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:09 AM   #24
PFunk

You shouldn't be able to take out half a squad with one molotov even while they have a decent spacing. In any kind of urban terrain its just an insanely overpowered weapon.

Show me a youtube video of an insurgent holding off an entire American squad with a wine bottle of gasoline. Or better yet killing them outright.

Smaller radius, slower damage rate. It should be that you want to throw like 5 of these at enemies to wipe them out, not one or two. Do conventional armies have a grenade that powerful? Hell does one exist in real life that would be that size?

[PR]NATO|P*Funk

Old 03-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #25
flem615

Get rid of them. they do nothing and only give away the throwers location. plus, its not that realistic. give insurgents something more useful like a band aid or cot to get baked and have a higher tolerance to injury. (No im not making a silly joke. look it up many times insurgent fighters get high on something making them more agressive and have a higher tolerance to pain. as in if you shoot them in the leg they dont fall down.)
Old 03-24-2009, 11:27 PM   #26
nick20404

Few things wrong with the Molotov's in game, they do way to much damage way to quickly, the main cause of death from fire is not being able to breath or breathing in the fire, so death from fire takes a fairly good minute instead of instant death like in game.

They should be allot smaller like allot of people have said in this thread, the fire should be sticking to people as well as vehicles, fire still kills people inside vehicles which is not right, unless the Molotov some how managed to get inside the closed up hummer. Only the 50. gunner should be getting hurt by the fire and it would not hurt if he ducked down inside.

The fire should burn allot longer, if it were possible it would be awesome if the fire got bigger over time before going out, to simulate it engulfing a vehicle completely.

Something that can be added to prevent your vehicle from being engulfed in flames could be a fire extinguisher for the crewmens kit.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:08 AM   #27
Johnson

They are pretty cheap, especially when your posted up in a building and have it covered. Then a terrorist comes along, thorws a cocktail at it and it glitches thru the wall and kills you.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #28
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
They are pretty cheap, especially when your posted up in a building and have it covered. Then a terrorist comes along, thorws a cocktail at it and it glitches thru the wall and kills you.
yes I would have to agree when its not a wood building and even thing a wood building would not burn throw instantly.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:36 AM   #29
mrjoe(ita)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick20404 View Post
Something that can be added to prevent your vehicle from being engulfed in flames could be a fire extinguisher for the crewmens kit.
I will suggest making a firebrigade squad with a dedicated fire truck.....

im my opinion DUMB idea...
Old 05-27-2009, 01:20 PM   #30
sickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXRich07Xx View Post
My favorite is having a molotov hit an APC and then having the fire following around the APC 50 feet BEHIND the vehicle.

So you have a vehicle driving around and then you have a radius of flames being dragged behind it as if it were a water skier.
lol I gotta see that.

Just one more reason to remove this absurdly unrealistic "weapon".

I mean aren't MCs usually used by dissidents/mobs, not insurgents (i.e. militants with real weapons)?

Tags
cocktail, molotov, remove