project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
NyteMyre

Default APC Transport

I was really glad that the APC playstyle has been overhauled which makes them valuable transporters, but I've only seen this work in the first 3 days since the release.

In these first 3 days I've seen some really awesome teamwork with APC's and infantry. I remember a moment on Fallujah where I was an insurgent in a building. I saw a LAV coming up and all of a sudden, 6 guys came out the back and they move along side the LAV down the street. In these 3 days I've encountered more infantry squads supported by a APC then I ever before.

But like I said, it only happened in 3 days...after that I've hardly seen this happen again. APC's are back to light-tanking and main bases are crowded with players waiting for a form of transport to arrive.

Also it seems that on Muttrah especially, a chopper is far more called upon then an APC. When a squad in the docks wants to move into the city, they rather call a chopper then call me (who was in an APC nearby).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
Alex6714

Default Re: APC Transport

Well probably because they are so vulnerable, although so are the choppers so who knows.

It all depends on whos playing, whos talking to who and who trust who.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Old 02-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
Welshboy

Send a message via Skype™ to Welshboy

Like alex said, it depends on the server and who's playing on it.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
BurrumBaer

It depends on the new APC system set up only for best teamwork.
Which is not encountered on most of the servers.

So its not the guys its more the game and particularly 0.85.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
KEIOS
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

It depends on the APC itself (the Russian APC isn´t usefull as a Transporter with 4 Seats, so nobody uses this) and on the Players. Some days ago, we were playing Al Kufrah and some genius took three APCs for their Squad to make a big sweep all around the Map to attack from the rear. The Effect was, that we lost our FB, the Infantry was spawncamped by the MEC APCs and we nearly were pushed back to the Mainbase, until the APC Camp-Squad finally realised, that their "Tactic" was Bullsh*t. We managed to win this round in the end, but only because the Infantry was finally transported to the Flags by the APCs and we managed to overrun every enemy Outpost...

So if you have APC Crews, who think that their Job is Spawncamping and joyriding through the map, you won´t see any differences to 0.8. It depends on them, if they realize, that they are more usefull, if they assist the advance of the Infantry.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #6
STORM-Mama

The Russian BTR-60 have got 8 seats. Please don't tell me that you're talking about the small BRDM-2. That thing is meant to be used as a recon vehicle, not an APC.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #7
IAJTHOMAS

First 3 days: mostly old PR users keen to get new release, therefore teamwork nirvana on the pubs.

After that: The 'others' arrive, people trying it out, tards who see shiney toys and break them, BF2 tking retards etc. They tend to adapted drift away or get banned after some time.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #8
STORM-Mama

Now, instead of whining on the average pub 'tard" I suggest people create their own Mechinized infantry squads to protect the APCs from gettin raped. I had a good game yesterday driving a Stryker on Qwai - giving fire support, transport and supplies to the infantry squads. There is no point in telling us what everyone else is not doing - do it yourself instad. (this was directed to the OP, not the post above mine)

Have only seen this on maps where the Stryker and BTR-60 is used, though, since those things are nothing and can't do anything useful without infantry support. Vehicles like the LAV-25 and British Warrior are often sent away alone to carry out pointless IFV-tasks.

We need more APCs like the Stryker and BTR-60!
Old 02-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #9
R.J.Travis
Supporting Member

In AAS apcs are good for troop transport but in INS No one wants to use a APC because the driver has a 85% chance to get hit by rpgs ieds or landmines just trying to help the inf sqaud.

I asked allot of squad leaders and apc drivers what they thought all had about the same thing to say.

In AAs they love the inf teamwork but they refuse to transport inf in INS because the INS have way to many ways to kill them if they go any where thats not on the out side of the map.

Ieds you can see them if you take it very slow.

Landmines you can see them at mid speed.

RPG you wont see it coming in till fired if they do it right.

mortar Ied this thing gos into the ground and there is no way you will see it even if your stopped but is buggy and wont always kill you.

the thing is on INS at anytime there is 20 mines on the map & 10 ieds & 2 mortar ieds give or take.

and 3-6 rpg's if you try to transport a squad your going to just lose tickets.

Twisted Helix: Yep you were the one tester that was of ultimate value.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #10
RedAlertSF

What I've seen, squad leaders are not asking for a ride.

Tags
apc, transport