project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
27 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #31
gclark03

Default Re: APC Transport

It depends on the mapper's tastes, really. I'd like to see more maps based on APC combat, especially if the HAT kit were disabled on those maps.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:58 AM   #32
hiberNative

every time i drive an apc with my friend gunning, we almost grind against the biggest and/or most organized squads.
always. no exceptions.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:03 AM   #33
Durandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]cyberzomby View Post
Durandal: To be honest I feel an APC should be moving around just like a sniper. In insurgency its far to easy to sneak up to 'm still standing sniper apc's with IED, bomb-cars and RPG's.
Insurgency is quite a bit different, yeah. I had armor vs armor maps in mind. But yeah, insurgency maps, its wise to keep moving.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:47 AM   #34
Skodz

=QTF= love using APC for transport and supporting Infantry but unfortunately, a lot of people dont understand that and still uses APC as tanks... Wich is very problematic on map where there is no other transport such as Al Kufrah Oilfield...

A few days ago, I played a game on this map on a unpopular virginia server and the clan owning the server just took 3 out of 4 apc to use it as tank not supporting infantry at all half the round leaving little or no support/transport for infantry... It was really not cool.

Fortunately enough, we finally had a chance to grab an APC and we started supporting/transporting infantry and they was very happy and it worked very good and its lot of fun. I killed over 30 ennemies in half the time the owner clan never did with 3 apc since I was supporting infantry...

You can just kill as many or more ennemies supporting infantry squad as an APC as you would on your own. If your infantry squad is effective, you will survive longer and have a much better experience as a team.

Now, I do love having APC support but only with people I know... I just dont trust blue guy to crew/pilot any transport for my squad. Experience prove it dangerous :P
Last edited by Skodz; 04-27-2009 at 08:26 AM..
Old 05-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #35
{UK}Suzeran
Banned

all this is tre ridicule, simply put if u have betetr coms or use the text chat ( remembering to use the squad leaders name and give cords ) 5/10 you will get transport. Apc supporting inf need better coms or a commander, in insurgency apcs can hold intersections wide roads etc they are not supposed to go down smaller roads those are for snatch never stop moving humvee 6 man 2 vehicle squads. I honestly see all the requirements met already.

further why not make a apc squad of 6 then split into apc and mecinf squads, use squad locking and switch squad to talk or use text chat, that way ull feel bonded. imeen it is that simple!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:02 AM   #36
Scar

Send a message via MSN to Scar

Maybe some day we have a US Armor vs Taliban Armor map...that would be great!

[align=center]-------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-------------[/align]
[align=center]"La primera baja en una guerra es la verdad"
- Scar -[/align]

Tags
apc, transport