project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
26 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 08:17 AM   #21
Qaiex

Default Re: Reasons I don't like Muttrah

My main problem is the streets, I think they're too wide, should be small and tight, you can fit 2-3 apc's next to eachother on most of them now, and when you're infantry trying to get away that kinda sucks.

I'm also not too fond of the static objectives, would be nice if they switched around a bit like the other maps.. Maybe move one to the construction site, that little neighbourhood down in B7.. The boat is another one.

A big problem is South City.. Because it's very rare for USMC to get that far, no one has any experience or know how they're supposed to cap it, add that to the proximity of both that and fortress to MEC main and they have alot reinforcements going in there with ALOT of roads to take to get into the area.
It's virtually impossible to do unless you're already there, hitting it before they have a chance to get there from camping mosque.

Even so, still one of my favourite maps.

Look! Real Muttrah! ^^

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:03 PM   #22
NoxNoctum

I think it'd be a lot more fun if the streets were narrower, and there was cover/details in the wide open areas (again I'm thinking the streets mostly).

It's also a bit boring when half the players are camping on rooftops.

The biggest problem though is it just feels empty on a 64 player server (the large number of choppers doesn't help). On a 256 player server it'd probably be pretty awesome. (though the lack of cover might become even more painfully obvious).

Since a good 50% of the team willl be flying choppers/crewing APCs, you usually have like 16-20 guys on the ground per side, which is not much considering how big the map is.
Last edited by NoxNoctum; 07-14-2009 at 11:10 PM..
Old 07-15-2009, 09:39 AM   #23
j0g32

Wow ! There are a lot of bad critics i also have to agree with but the differences between the game version and the real scenery are amazingly rare !

Maybe more cars, crates and also some "undergrowth" rubbish should be added. IMO it looks too clean and just build up 1 hr. ago before the combat started.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:05 AM   #24
MrSh@vid
Supporting Member
Send a message via MSN to MrSh@vid

I am a big fan of Muttrah City, while it does get overplayed, (partly by my own doing) i still really enjoy it.
Theirs lot's that can be done , and it features a variety of different vehicles but still has room for infantry to move around and shoot each other without fear of a bomb on their head or a sniper removing it every few seconds, I've had some brilliant battles lasting quite a while as Infantry.
The chopper spawn time changes, that the Bay surrounding the city dosn't become a mass Helicopter graveyard and even when the US team lacks experienced players/pilots they still have a good chance of winning.
The addition of a 3rd BTR for the MEC has evened out the playing Field when it comes to the APC's and has stopped i think for the most part the LAV's dominating the battlefield.
Only thing i dislike now is the Cobra, it seems incredibly weak, and most of the time now it appears to be losing more tickets than it gains, The Attack Huey is a much better option, what it lacks in firepower it makes up for in Survivability.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #25
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

As far as Cobra and attack Huey goes, it's more of a pilot mentality problem.
The Huey never gets shot down on most occasions because it does rocket runs and drops flares blocking the lock-on and can fly out of view range in seconds and come back, while every time there's a Cobra it just camps in the air and gets shot down by AA, BTR60s or AT.

I find that while MEC can win, it' really sucks to be them because you die more due CAS runs, pub play wise it's easier to just attack and sneak around the city as USMC and call air support than trying to figure out where the enemy is as MEC or ambushing the rampaging LAV25s.

It's also really easy to defend the Docks as USMC, just get a firebase inside the warehouse and put foxholes, barricades and one .50 cal at each side to cover the entrances, while one LAV25 patrols the docks. You could also mine all 3 gates that lead into the docks and force MEC to come in on foot, then when you counter-attack, just de-mine one gate.

My biggest grief though is USMC squads that camp the MEC base with HATs and mine the onramp, sure it really f*cks up MEC, but can we layoff stupid "spec ops" baseraping missions? IMO the MEC should get their main base in A8 and that entire section of the map (behind the hills) should be off limits for USMC. Having a fixed bunker at the Fort would be also nice to have back, if the building isn't a museum, wouldn't MEC turn it into military complex?

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Old 07-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #26
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
As far as Cobra and attack Huey goes, it's more of a pilot mentality problem.
The Huey never gets shot down on most occasions because it does rocket runs and drops flares blocking the lock-on and can fly out of view range in seconds and come back, while every time there's a Cobra it just camps in the air and gets shot down by AA, BTR60s or AT.
ye, get a decent pilot (and gunner) in the Cobra and it will rake havoc over the map, the thing is there are very few decent pilots out there that can really use the cobra to the full on Muttrah.

Quote:
My biggest grief though is USMC squads that camp the MEC base with HATs and mine the onramp, sure it really f*cks up MEC, but can we layoff stupid "spec ops" baseraping missions? IMO the MEC should get their main base in A8 and that entire section of the map (behind the hills) should be off limits for USMC. Having a fixed bunker at the Fort would be also nice to have back, if the building isn't a museum, wouldn't MEC turn it into military complex?
ye, thou really server admins need to watch out for this and deal with it, unless they allow base raping. TBH I've not seen it happen in a game yet.

And you where one of the main people (other than fuzzhead) who wanted the MEC base in its current location?
Where abouts is A8? dont have a map with a grid on it at the second. can you edit this minimap to point it out? http://www.gloryhoundz.com/prmm/user...ah_minimap.jpg

And ye, the idea is for the MEC to use the fort as a military complex, was the idea from the start (with them using the car park below it as there main base of operations) but that was a little too exposed to base even with the hills and the fort in the way. The new location is good in terms of base raping in the base, just the only exit can easily get raped. As for a bunker in there, right now in PR the bunkers are un-distributable code wise, but since they aint being used on any maps any more I might be able to get that changed as I would like to see the MEC being able to spawn in there and holding it more. When MEC to get pushed back to the fort its rare to see it being defended like it should be.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #27
Robbi
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Robbi Send a message via Skype™ to Robbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
When MEC to get pushed back to the fort its rare to see it being defended like it should be.
Maybe make it a flag like south city, so like you have East and west capable at the same time you have south and fortress at the same time?

Old 07-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #28
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Robbi187 View Post
Maybe make it a flag like south city, so like you have East and west capable at the same time you have south and fortress at the same time?
problem with that is all of MEC's spawns are linked to the fort, so south city wouldn't be attacked and they would go strait to fort to stop the enemy from spawning and pretty much end the game. It would be better to remove the south city flag

Old 07-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #29
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

Quote:
You could also mine all 3 gates that lead into the docks and force MEC to come in on foot, then when you counter-attack, just de-mine one gate.
Trust me, I know from hard bitter PRT experience of that exact tactic that it is not fun, and doesn't work all that well...

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Old 07-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #30
RedAlertSF

Muttrah is great map. I just think there need to be more objects (trash cans, cars, anything) for taking cover. Now you're very dead if you get ambushed in the streets.

Tags
buildings, criticism, hills, muttrah, reasons, streets