project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
18 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #1
hx.bjoffe
Supporting Member

Default Grenade blast radius should be increased

..towards more realistic forms now that they take so long to throw, it's not like it'll ever be as spammy as it once was anyways and the current blast radius (of what, 5m?) feels kinda dumb and useless.
Good night!
Last edited by [R-DEV]AfterDune; 11-27-2008 at 05:28 AM.. Reason: Fixed thread title, ridiculously long ;-)
Old 10-02-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
Smegburt_funkledink

Default Re: Grenade blast radius should be increased towards more realistic forms now that th

5m might not seem like a lot (radius) but thats a 10m killzone!

Seems ok to me.

Night mate.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Old 10-03-2008, 04:06 AM   #3
hx.bjoffe
Supporting Member

Default Re: Grenade blast radius should be increased towards more realistic forms now that th

Actually i meant a 5m killzone, 2,5 radius. 10m would be more like it. Slip of my tounge.
It doesnt seem ok to me when you cant clear a small room with a fragmentation grenade.
And if one lands on your feet, you can simply walk away. Seriously.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:53 AM   #4
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Tossing one into the towers at the PLA main on Barricuda produces 0 casualties when it goes off in the middle.

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Old 10-03-2008, 05:52 AM   #5
daones

I think the way it is now seems okay, much better then other games anyway. I actually did some tests on myself and standing up i can be a good 10 feet or so and get killed. Being prone though makes a big difference and you will take less damage if any.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:38 AM   #6
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

I agree, should be increased again. Should be lethal when close to it, but shouldnt be directly lethal at some range, but cause heavy bleed (black-white vision).
Old 10-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #7
Robbi
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Robbi Send a message via Skype™ to Robbi

Just seems dumb that a nade can go off next to you face and you get grazed, but you jump off a 7ft wall or slide down a little hill and you die...

Old 10-03-2008, 09:13 AM   #8
Smegburt_funkledink

Quote:
Originally Posted by hx.bjoffe View Post
It doesnt seem ok to me when you cant clear a small room with a fragmentation grenade.
And if one lands on your feet, you can simply walk away. Seriously.
I guess I've just been lucky when using them and unlucky when receiving them then. The insurgent anti-tank nades have a larger killzone though don't they?

I'm not sure.

Edit: I dedicate this post to TheScot. 666!

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Last edited by Smegburt_funkledink; 10-03-2008 at 02:06 PM..
Old 10-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #9
fludblud

true, youd expect with the greater size of the nade explosions they would actually be deadly but you might as well throw firecrackers at the enemy.

i still hate the whole ten seconds between each nade throw, like it or not, grenades are used excessively in warfare but unfortunately people seem to be selective when it comes to 'realism' and have whinged enough to influence even the devs.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:45 PM   #10
Celestial1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fludblud View Post
true, youd expect with the greater size of the nade explosions they would actually be deadly but you might as well throw firecrackers at the enemy.

i still hate the whole ten seconds between each nade throw, like it or not, grenades are used excessively in warfare but unfortunately people seem to be selective when it comes to 'realism' and have whinged enough to influence even the devs.
But not by a single person.

Grenades are lobbed often with a few people throwing them at once, and taking cover. You will not see a single soldier throwing out tons of grenades in seconds, just because they can.

Should kill within 5-10m radius, and the wound-radius should be 10-15m. I'm not sure on the actual statistics of shrapnel ala pineapple salad and how far the shredded metal travels after detonation, but I figure it's about those numbers.

Tags
blast, forms, grenade, increased, radius, realistic