project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
23 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #51
Oddsodz

Default Re: Grenade blast radius should be increased towards more realistic forms now that th

The Game "America's Army" Did have "Cooking" on there grenades. But I am unsure if it is still in it now. Been a long time since I played. You could also "Cook" "Flash Bangs" grenades. And as that game is made by the US Army, I Would think they know if it can be done in real life. but as we are stuck with the BF2 engine. We can only hope or dream.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #52
Threedroogs
Supporting Member

Default Re: Grenade blast radius should be increased towards more realistic forms now that th

i am pretty sure you can cook grenades in BF2...just hold the left or right mouse button down. like it was mentioned, you better keep a good count and it might not be entirely accurate. i think they have 5 seconds fuses.

Ingame name: StrkTm Pygar

Eggyweggs...I would like to smash 'em!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3-E3xuQtqI
Old 10-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #53
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threedroogs View Post
i am pretty sure you can cook grenades in BF2...just hold the left or right mouse button down. like it was mentioned, you better keep a good count and it might not be entirely accurate. i think they have 5 seconds fuses.
No when you hold right click, the fuse doesn't start, you're just holding the grenade so you can throw half the time faster when you need to or if you need to take a moment or two to adjust aim before throwing, but mostly everyone just left clicks and throws it into air.

And the fuse on hand grenades is somewhere above 3 seconds, not 5, unless the reload delay got increased from 2 seconds.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #54
Celestial1

No, droogs.

Holding right click only HOLDS the nade. the 'pin' is apparently 'pulled' when you throw the nade, not while you hold it back.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #55
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The blast from the LAT could need a bit more splash also.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #56
Caboosehatesbabies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial1 View Post
No, droogs.

Holding right click only HOLDS the nade. the 'pin' is apparently 'pulled' when you throw the nade, not while you hold it back.
It doesn't matter if the pin is pulled or not Celestial1, because the grenade's fuse won't start until the spoon is released.

Everyone wants to easily kill their opponent but nobody wants to be the one easily killed. That line of thinking escalates weaponry to the point where practically every soldier has a shoulder-mounted nuke launcher that when fired, automatically displays the text "pwnt".- [R-CON]Wolfe

Old 10-21-2008, 06:49 PM   #57
Caboosehatesbabies

I did some tests, 2-3 meters from a grenade is a kill. 3 Meters puts you in black and white 3-4 puts you at around 50-70%, 4-5 puts you at 65-75%, >5 gives you suppression but no bleed.

Everyone wants to easily kill their opponent but nobody wants to be the one easily killed. That line of thinking escalates weaponry to the point where practically every soldier has a shoulder-mounted nuke launcher that when fired, automatically displays the text "pwnt".- [R-CON]Wolfe

Old 10-21-2008, 07:05 PM   #58
youm0nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waaah_Wah View Post
Yeah, exept we dont know what type of grenade that was, frag or concussion. Also, this is a one im a million event. Some guy got shot 9 times in the stomach in WW2 and survived. Doesnt mean that bullets dont kill people.
It was a fragmentation, he said everyone and himself took a few pieces of shrapnel. Also, the narrator said a few days earlier, a grenade exploded near Stokes and was hit by shrapnel in the elbow.

(o,o)
|)__)

-"-"-
O RLY?
Old 10-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #59
Psyko

i imagine the problem would be that to actually cook the grenade the projectile would have to be deployed while still in hand. and i dont know if ballistics work like that in BF2.

*imagines test session of testers blowing themselves up over and over again...heaven*
Old 10-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #60
hx.bjoffe
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboosehatesbabies View Post
I did some tests, 2-3 meters from a grenade is a kill. 3 Meters puts you in black and white 3-4 puts you at around 50-70%, 4-5 puts you at 65-75%, >5 gives you suppression but no bleed.
So my original estimates were good.
Suppression from 5m -> .. like 7m from center? Not very large is it?

Tags
blast, forms, grenade, increased, radius, realistic