project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
30 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 07:02 AM   #41
Proff3ssorXman

Send a message via MSN to Proff3ssorXman Send a message via Skype™ to Proff3ssorXman
Default Re: Grenade blast radius should be increased towards more realistic forms now that th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Knight View Post
As I said earlier, the average kill radius is five meters and the average wounding radius is fifteen meters on a real grenade.
What do you estimate it is in game now?
Just as some sort of reference point for me now.

Also I find that 'nades are great for suppressing the enemy and sneaking up when they can't hear your footsteps + can't see you.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:34 AM   #42
hx.bjoffe
Supporting Member

Default Re: Grenade blast radius should be increased towards more realistic forms now that th

I estimate the total radius 5m. It will only affect you if it explodes by your feet.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #43
gazzthompson

Hand Grenades

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:54 AM   #44
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hx.bjoffe View Post
When the grenade blast radius was redused some versions ago, i remember people speaking of one specific of these grenades having a blast of 50m in real life. (?)
It was reduced one version ago, that's 0.756.

And they were talking about the F1 grenade which is supposed to have a 30m blast radius, meaning you'd get wounded in that range not killed.

Originally Posted by whatshisname55:
"Ah yes, that link to your hard drive is working perfectly."
Old 10-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #45
hx.bjoffe
Supporting Member

Time flies, don't it.

Wasn't sure on my 'facts,' hence the questionmark. Meaning some of these grenades having even bigger blast than others, not talking about kill/casualty radius.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #46
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by youm0nt View Post
I'm just going to post this up, which you've probably seen before, Wah
YouTube Video

@4:00 mark
Yeah, exept we dont know what type of grenade that was, frag or concussion. Also, this is a one im a million event. Some guy got shot 9 times in the stomach in WW2 and survived. Doesnt mean that bullets dont kill people.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:29 AM   #47
Caboosehatesbabies

When I get home today and when I'm done with my paper, I'm gonna make a local server and do some tests, see how far the radius is for the grenades. I'll post what I found.

Everyone wants to easily kill their opponent but nobody wants to be the one easily killed. That line of thinking escalates weaponry to the point where practically every soldier has a shoulder-mounted nuke launcher that when fired, automatically displays the text "pwnt".- [R-CON]Wolfe

Old 10-21-2008, 10:36 AM   #48
Caboosehatesbabies

Quote:
Originally Posted by random pants View Post

LOL you get mad???

interwebz lol-forum such as this......

Maybe save some of that emotion for.......girls......or something....?

walking away from nades is TIGHT!
I think the Moderator summed it up well, I don't know why he thinks we should listen to him when he argues like this

Anyway....

I looked in the already suggested place and didn't see this, so I'll put it here.
Any way to make it so we could "cook" grenades? I was thinking since right click pulls the pin and holds it, what about hitting right click, holding it, then hitting left click makes you drop the spoon and starts the grenades timer?

Everyone wants to easily kill their opponent but nobody wants to be the one easily killed. That line of thinking escalates weaponry to the point where practically every soldier has a shoulder-mounted nuke launcher that when fired, automatically displays the text "pwnt".- [R-CON]Wolfe

Old 10-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #49
Waaah_Wah
Banned

^^Apparently, thats not possible. And according to the DEVs its a bit spooky to cook nades since there isnt a real timer on them. They might explode faster than you expect.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #50
Caboosehatesbabies

How do they know when they're supposed to go off then? Is there a little man inside pushing the button ;P

Tags
blast, forms, grenade, increased, radius, realistic