project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
17 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #21
Deer
Retired PR Developer
Default Re: Grenade blast radius should be increased towards more realistic forms now that th

Grenade is designed for situations where you cant have direct line of sight to your target, so more situations like this there is, more realistic the grenade-spam is. Grenade-spamming in close combat is very effective tactic IRL too. And ye, your body and head moves when you throw grenade, but not your eyes, camera movement aint that realistic after all when you think about it carefully.

Problem and unrealism in game happens when rifle is worse weapon to be used than grenade even while you can have direct line of sight to your target.
Last edited by Deer; 10-10-2008 at 06:45 PM..
Old 10-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #22
NickO
Default Re: Grenade blast radius should be increased towards more realistic forms now that th

TBH I only use nades now to scare/supress my enemies :/

Dont expect a kill anymore.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #23
Head Hunter

Grenades are straight-up retarded.

That's as elaborate as I need to be.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:29 AM   #24
Cassius
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi187 View Post
Just seems dumb that a nade can go off next to you face and you get grazed, but you jump off a 7ft wall or slide down a little hill and you die...
Thats a true word.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Old 10-16-2008, 09:37 AM   #25
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I really dunno why ever1 hates the nades atm, I'm happy with them. Even if they don't kill the person is gonna be bleeding out- and we all know how hard it is to fight like that ingame.

Love it when I get my guys around me and we all toss a couple of nades over a hedge or somthing, shock and awe

Old 10-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #26
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Grenades need more wound/suppression radius, I can throw one at my feet and walk away without getting hurt in the blast in-game. Still, throwing lots of them does the job.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:35 PM   #27
frrankosuave

'nades are to be used in situations to overcome the current deviation problem. for example, you've well concealed yourself on the roof of a multi story building overlooking a large open expanse. you are waiting for the enemy to try to cross. you see them, but they do not stop moving, so you realize shooting with your rifle will be useless. you pick out your grenade and hope for two things: 1) you can throw the grenade far enough and 2) you can throw 2 or more before enemy is safely behind cover on your side of the street, that you were defending.

Speaking of "nade fest". Would it be too unreasonable IRL to think that a tactic might actually be for a person to find an ambush spot, take out all his grenades and place within reach, wait for the enemy and start lobbing grenades down on the enemy? would it still take 30 seconds per 'nade?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #28
Caboosehatesbabies

Quote:
Originally Posted by random pants View Post
Grenade spam IRL is such a good tactic. Look back to the WW2 days where we would have guys carrying buckets of grenades and everyone would just be chucking them left and right. Please stop telling us how to play and just let us play.

Grenade spamming is easy to counter: just rush the guy between nade throws, his rifle draw time is too much to stop you from mowing him down up close.

And yes, the blast radius is just silly. Tell me guys, who don't suck at this game, when's the last time you were actually scared of grenades? Not anytime recently, that's for sure. Tell me that isn't a problem.
Ya know Random pants, you are so condesending and arrogant, just reading anything you write makes me mad.

And yes, I am afraid of grenades. If I'm in a bunker or in cover and I see one of those babies land next to me, I run, I run fast.

Edit: And you do know you're responding to a post made 12 days ago ?

Everyone wants to easily kill their opponent but nobody wants to be the one easily killed. That line of thinking escalates weaponry to the point where practically every soldier has a shoulder-mounted nuke launcher that when fired, automatically displays the text "pwnt".- [R-CON]Wolfe

Last edited by [R-MOD]Saobh; 10-20-2008 at 05:12 PM..
Old 10-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #29
Celestial1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboosehatesbabies View Post
Edit: And you do know you're responding to a post made 12 days ago ?
It still needed to be said. Glad that's over with anyway, isn't there a thread in both here and infantry about grenade radius? Do we really need 2?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:08 PM   #30
Waaah_Wah
Banned

We need atleast 20. The more the merrier.

Seriousoly, nades need fixing. In fact, i feel diry everytime i use one, or call one a "grenade". Flashbangs with no flash is what they are.

Tags
blast, forms, grenade, increased, radius, realistic