project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #11
random pants

Default Re: Grenade blast radius should be increased towards more realistic forms now that th

Grenade spam IRL is such a good tactic. Look back to the WW2 days where we would have guys carrying buckets of grenades and everyone would just be chucking them left and right. Please stop telling us how to play and just let us play.

Grenade spamming is easy to counter: just rush the guy between nade throws, his rifle draw time is too much to stop you from mowing him down up close.

And yes, the blast radius is just silly. Tell me guys, who don't suck at this game, when's the last time you were actually scared of grenades? Not anytime recently, that's for sure. Tell me that isn't a problem.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #12
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox
Default Re: Grenade blast radius should be increased towards more realistic forms now that th

I just run away. i've been afraid, but only before i get out of range

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #13
Razick

It will wound them which is almost as good as a kill with that the new bleed shader. I love them a lot but I just wish the casualty range was increased a tad bit more.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:21 AM   #14
hx.bjoffe
Supporting Member

Only time i get the bleed/got damaged is when i don't notice them landing next to me. Most of the time i do, and most of the time you don't even need to press shift to get out of harms way.
Also, believe most of the kills i've made with grenade has been on people too pre-occupied to notice eg. healing/being healed, digging etc.

Longer throw time + longer fuze time + same tiny blast radius = not a very potent weapon
Old 10-08-2008, 03:52 AM   #15
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

The big thing I wouldnt mind seeing would be the removal of the throw camera movement. If there were crosshairs itd be fine[trust me, I dont want crosshairs for grenades] but without them, once the camera starts shaking as you pull the pin, etc it makes it really hard [for me] to aim my throw...

It doesnt make it impossible, but I often feel like I miss a window/opening due to the crazy movement of the camera :3

back on topic: til it gets changed[if it does] just get one or two buddies to chuck in a nade along with yours. That way you only use one yourself and GREATLY increase the chance of killing the people on the receiving end

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

Old 10-08-2008, 04:07 AM   #16
Truism

Nade spam was a big problem in 0.7, but that owed a lot to deviation settings. Increasing the potency of grenades would be great if rifles were made more potent to match. Otherwise it will just be another nadelamerfest.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:10 AM   #17
FeldwebelSchultz

the problem is a granade have a realistic kill radius of 5 Meters, a CASUALTY radius of 15 and a fragmet radius 230 on the example of the M61 frag granade

it will be cool if we get a "cooking" function on the granade this funcrion make the granades in closecombat more dangerus and i must not throw a parable to kill close enemys
with cooking i mean fuse the grenade before throw it... but i think this is not able cause the BF engine
Old 10-08-2008, 05:47 AM   #18
cyberzomby

I read somewhere on these forums that real life military hardly ever use that because its to dangerous. They get told not to use is by officers as well.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:50 AM   #19
fludblud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
Nade spam was a big problem in 0.7, but that owed a lot to deviation settings. Increasing the potency of grenades would be great if rifles were made more potent to match. Otherwise it will just be another nadelamerfest.
people like you castrate the whole realism aspect of this mod.

seriously, in real life there is no ten second timer between throwing grenades and the enemy does not bitch and moan about OMFGNADESPAMNOOB.

i just dont understand why concessions should be made to people like this, if someone is 'spamming' you with nades, nothing is stopping you from spamming back, either that or simply stay out of throwing distance and shoot the bastard.

Last edited by fludblud; 10-08-2008 at 06:57 AM..
Old 10-08-2008, 07:04 AM   #20
AnRK
Supporting Member

Yeah that's a very good point, anyway if you take into consideration how rare ammo is compared to how it used to be, then if a guy spams all his grenades he's not gonna be able to do it again for a much longer time then previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto View Post
The big thing I wouldnt mind seeing would be the removal of the throw camera movement. If there were crosshairs itd be fine[trust me, I dont want crosshairs for grenades] but without them, once the camera starts shaking as you pull the pin, etc it makes it really hard [for me] to aim my throw...
Yeah I agree, since it's impossible to recreate the feeling of hand eye coordination in a computer game without true 3D and some sort of general VR kinda interface, we do need something to tell us where our nades are going. To be honest I wouldn't even mind some kind of cross-hair. I know the left hand is supposed to represent where it's going when you throw at full strength, but I think bringing back the bar at the bottom for right click throws would be good, cos frankly with all the new animations and stuff it's very difficult to guess.

I'm sure I'll get used to it but I'm pretty convinced I could throw a real grenade better then I can in game sometimes at the moment.

Tags
blast, forms, grenade, increased, radius, realistic